Local authorities and youth union help build new house for Ha Thi Lay
Local authorities and the youth union in Lang Nong Village, Yen Trach Commune, started the construction of a charity house for Ha Thi Lay. The new house will be 50 square metres and cost VND110m (USD4,700). Dantri readers have donated VND80,100,099 via Dantri Charity Fund and VND10m directly to Ly. An anonymous organisation donated VND30m via the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs in Phu Luong District.
Ly said she was just too happy and couldn’t sleep. “My dream is becoming true,” she said. “Now we won’t have to sleep in worry whenever it rains or if there’s a storm.”
Ha Thi Lay
Party Secretary of Yen Trach Commune Duong Van Tuan said members of the youth union will come to help. Tuan also thanked the readers.
Lay has 10 children but four of her children died of unknown causes. Her husband died in April of lung cancer after nine years of struggling. Lay is living with her 34-year-old son, Dam Van Dan, 32-year-old Dam Van Khe and 9-year-old grandson Dam Van Nam.
Khe is the youngest of the siblings and his mind is stunted. Recently, he also was diagnosed with goitre, liver and kidney diseases. They live together in a decrepit house that looks like it can collapse at any time.
The house of Ha Thi Lay
Lay was moved upon receiving the donation, said that they had been given more faith and energy to overcome her difficulties.
- Royal Wedding – Princess Eugenie and new husband Jack Brooksbank leave reception in James Bond’s Aston Martin
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by CEFIC: Intrigue at the Berlaymont — Forgetting Franco — New Australian PM
- Inside Wales' biggest annual gathering of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Victims of stalking call for introduction of national register of offenders
- The shame felt by people who can't read or write
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by CEFIC: Greece aftermath — Brexit talks — James Bond in Brussels
- A farewell to the Pope
- Book reviews: Friendship, fairy magic and a big bad cat
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Lloyds Banking Group: Happy birthday Playbook — First day of term — Labour NEC showdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Media and Politicians Created UK Drug War, but Police Fighting Back
- Train terrors, inspiring poems and bookshop bliss
Mother with 10 children to have new house with readers help have 393 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.