The statement was made at a meeting between Vietnamese Deputy Defense Minister Senior Lieutenant General Hoang Xuan Chien and USAID/Vietnam Mission Director Ann Marie Yastishock on August 3 in Hanoi.
During the ceremony, General Chien complimented and highly valued USAID for its outstanding efforts in collaborating with relevant units under the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense to properly address the country’s aftermath of war-left explosives and mines. He also highlighted the successful implementation of the dioxin detoxification project at Da Nang Airport (completed in 2018) and initial implementation of the first phase of a project to resolve dioxin contamination at Bien Hoa Airport.
Meanwhile, the two sides cooperated on a project to enhance the living quality of people with disabilities living in areas heavily affected with Argent Orange (AO)/dioxin in Vietnam. The Vietnamese Prime Minister authorized an investment policy and signed a cooperation agreement in the fields of UXO clearance and dioxin detoxification.
The Vietnamese deputy defense minister and USAID/Vietnam mission director during the event agreed that in the coming time, the two sides would coordinate to accelerate the process of overcoming the consequences of war-left toxic chemicals in Vietnam, with a focus on mobilizing resources to complete the first phase of the dioxin cleanup project at Bien Hoa Airport.
In addition, they will also work together to improve AO/dioxin victims' living conditions while efficiently disseminating information about Vietnam-U.S. cooperation in overcoming war consequences, among others.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Defense leader receives Cuban attachés
- New Karnataka CM tells officials to dump ‘Chalta Hai’ attitude
- Biden officials shift to an urgent tone as Covid-19 fight enters troubling new phase
- US official lands in Sudan to support democratic transition
- ASEAN, USAID symposium on Single Window targets expanded trade
- New Taliban Leader Faces Discord as a Top Official Quits
- Taliban’s New Leader Strengthens His Hold With Intrigue and Battlefield Victory
- Taliban Leader Mullah Omar Died in 2013, Afghans Declare
- Top North Korean Official Will Visit South Korea During Olympics
- Xi Jinping May Delay Picking China’s Next Leader, Stoking Speculation
- Non-bailable warrant issued against senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid's wife in misappropriation of funds case
- Biden hits Russia with sanctions for opposition leader Navalny's poisoning, detention
- Tharoor urges Birla to take action over officials' 'last-minute refusal' to attend panel meet
- Congress balancing act: promote younger leaders in States, engage with seniors
- Senior US diplomat Sherman to visit China: State Department
- White House official attacks 'amoral' Trump in anonymous NYT op-ed
- Five Top ISIS Officials Captured in U.S.-Iraqi Sting
- Senior FBI Official Violated Policy, Accepted Dinners And Black-Tie Event Invitations From Media
- Chinese Official at Center of Scandal Is Found Guilty and Given a Life Term
MND’s leader receives USAID senior official have 433 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.