Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Public Security ‘s ties with Thai agencies like the Royal Thai Police, National Security Council, and Ministry of Justice have been sustained and consolidated, bringing about practical outcomes, said Minister To Lam while receiving the new Thai Ambassador to Vietnam, Nikorndej Blankura in Hanoi on August 5.
Lam singled out as example the fruitful exchange of information on trans-national crime; coordination in verifying and arresting wanted criminals and expelling individuals who take advantage of Thai territory to conduct sabotaging activities targeting Vietnam; cooperation in investigating and cracking down on drug trafficking rings from third countries to Thailand through Vietnam and vice versa; as well as joint work in the field of training and equipment aid serving drug crime prevention and control.
To boost such engagements in the future, the minister suggested the two sides work towards the signing of an extradition agreement as a basis for their law enforcement forces; continue to share experiences in the management of entry-exit activities, tourism and investment; strengthen coordination in handling cases related to Vietnamese and Thai citizens; and step up cooperation in the field of human resources training.
For his part, Nikorndej Blankura pledged to do his utmost to foster Vietnam – Thailand collaboration across various fields./.
- Former officials of Dong A Bank prosecuted again
- Revealed: how Associated Press cooperated with the Nazis
- Security official testifies Trump was 'skeptical of providing weapons to Ukraine' and says Mick Mulvaney cited Russian opposition when explaining a hold on U.S. supplied anti-tank weapons in late 2017
- VNA, VFF join hands in producing TV programme
- Hanoi’s online public services unaffected by Nhat Cuong Mobile raid
- MCC releases NEET UG 2019 first round counselling result @medicalcounseling.nic.in, check here
- PM meets Lao, Thai counterparts on sidelines of regional summits
- Rafale deal secrecy important for national security, petty politics must be avoided
- Presidential cooperation: History's perspective on scandal and controversy
- Vietnam supports ASEAN-RoK comprehensive defense cooperation
- DB Cooper suspect Robert Rackstraw dies at age 75: Army pilot passes away from natural causes, a year after cold case sleuths identified him in 'coded' FBI letters as the hijacker who vanished in 1971
- Vietnam’s Deputy Defence Minister talks cyber security at 8th Seoul defence dialogue
- Cooper testimony highlights Defense Dept. concerns over aid holdup, transcript shows
- Pentagon official cited alarm over hold on aid to Ukraine
- FDA warns leading e-cigarette maker Juul about its marketing practices
- HCMC installs surveillance cameras in many public sites
- Leader’s official visit augments Vietnam-Laos relations: LPRP official
- Austrian Interior Ministry under fire for plans to curb media
- Olaf Scholz, the man headed to Germany's Finance Ministry
- Defense Department witness said officials objected to stopping Ukraine aid
Ministry of Public Security's cooperation with Thai agencies produces practical results: official have 449 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.