* The Ho Chi Minh City Military Command has sent nearly 30,000 participating troops to fight COVID-19 at 68 concentrated quarantine facilities and 35 hospitals providing treatment for COVID-19 patients since the latest COVID-19 outbreak occurred in the city on April 27.
Addressing the meeting to review COVID-19 prevention and control in the city on July 31, Major General Nguyen Van Nam, Chief of the Command, praised the command's affiliates' achievements in the work. He also asked them to strengthen COVID-19 preventive measures, observe discipline, ensure adequate preventive devices, and improve troops’ and militia force's health.
On this occasion, the command awarded 55 collectives and 140 individuals for their good COVID-19 prevention results.
* Also on July 31, a mission from the Nghe An provincial Border Guard Command, led by its deputy political commissar Senior Colonel Tran Dang Khoa, visited and presented medical supplies and other necessities, worth over VND 90 million, to people in Hoang Mai town and Quynh Luu district to combat COVID-19.
* On July 30 and 31, the Military Command of Hau Giang province opened "Zero dong" stalls in Phung Hiep district's Hoa My commune and Long My district's Luong Nghia commune, offering 500 gifts, valued at VND 150 million, to local people. The gifts, each including rice, instant noodles, pork, vegetables, and fruits, are expected to help locals overcome COVID-19-caused difficulties.
* Leaders of the Thua Thien – Hue provincial Military Command checked infrastructure of several schools in Huong Thuy town, Phu Vang and Phu Loc districts to make thorough preparations for quarantine facilities to receive people returning from pandemic-hit localities.
* By 17:00 on July 31, Field Hospital for Infectious Diseases No.4 under the Ministry of National Defense in Khanh Hoa province received and treated more than 500 COVID-19 patients.
* On July 31 morning, Division 330 under Military Region 9 launched a bus of compassion carrying 577 gifts, including necessities, to support policy beneficiaries and needy families in several localities in Can Tho city, An Giang and Kien Giang provinces. The activity is expected to tighten the close ties between troops and people, especially in COVID-19 fight.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Killer flu pandemic ‘could hit any time’ – wiping out 300 MILLION across the globe
- Russia Military Tests 'Readiness' of Troops Positioned Near Ukraine
- US Halts Military Training for Saudi Arabia Personnel after Florida Base Shooting
- Military school mission visits Hai Duong provincial Military Command
- Daniel James joins Manchester United a huge prospect but with work to do
- Tired, worn Old Trafford a symbol of Manchester United's faded grandeur
- Why do so many people actually get FATTER after weight-loss surgery? It is seen as the easy solution for thousands, but as this worrying special report reveals, it can be the start of even worse problems
- Newcastle United's 'life-changing' gesture for struggling local football team
- Manchester United stars get stuck in the slow lane as a tractor bars the way to derby day training
- Doctors dismissed Spanish flu as a 'minor infection' for three years before devastating 1918 pandemic went on to kill 50million people
- Revealed: Manchester City fan 'is arrested' over claims he made monkey sounds and gestures at Manchester United star Fred as he is revealed as 40-year-old Army veteran who served in Northern Ireland
- Frontline clashes ebb and flow as Libya's war hits impasse
- U.S. Soldier Killed in Afghanistan Was Highest Enlisted Soldier Supporting Trump Administration's New Adviser Brigade
- Civilization 6 Domination Victory - war conditions, Casus Belli, and how to win the military victory
- Russian Military Releases Video of Airstrikes in Syria
- Air strike hits biscuit factory in Libyan capital, killing 10
- Senate votes to advance measure to end U.S. support for Saudi war in Yemen
- US Military Seizure of Syrian Oil Fields 'Act of Piracy' - Virginia State Senator
- Trump hits point of no return as Democrats ready impeachment articles
- 165,000 people affected with AIDS in Pakistan
Military units support pandemic-hit people have 613 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.