The Mercedes-Benz EQS is a technological marvel, to say the least, but we all know that it’s made primarily for comfort and posh motoring rather than performance. However, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have the legs to perform on a straight line.
The most powerful EQS has two electric motors that produce an overall output of 516 horsepower (385 kilowatts) and 611 pound-feet (828 Newton-meters) of torque, good for a 4.1-second sprint to 60 miles per hour (97 kilometers per hour).
Gallery: 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS First Drive
That said, how does it compare to other luxury EVs in terms of straight-line performance? As usual, UK’s Carwow has pitted the EQS against its rivals in the market, namely the Audi E-Tron GT , Porsche Taycan , and Tesla Model S . There’s just one problem, though – the EQS contender was the entry-level EQS 450+.
With a single motor powering the rear wheels, the EQS here only makes 329 hp (245 kW) and 406 lb-ft (550 Nm) of instantaneous torque, which was the least powerful of the group. Apart from that, it’s also the priciest and the heaviest, weighing in at 5,467 pounds (2,480 kilograms).
More Electrified Racing:
In comparison, the most powerful of the bunch, the Model S 100D, makes almost twice as much as the EQS while being lighter by almost 200 kilos or roughly the equivalent of two average-sized persons. The Taycan 4S and RS E-Tron GT are around a similar ballpark when it comes to weight and power.
That said, you probably think that the EQS didn’t stand a chance in this race and you’d be correct. Its drag race debut was more of an honorary guest appearance, but which among the other premium electric vehicles are the quickest?
Watch the video atop this page and let us know what you think.
- Audi S3 Faces Mercedes-AMG CLA 35, Mini Clubman JCW In Drag Race
- Four Vans Fight In One Of The Slowest Drag Races Ever
- See Flying Spur Drag Race Panamera And Audi RS7
- Audi E-Tron GT Returns In 27 Spy Shots With Slightly Less Camo
- Audi will soon begin taking reservations for its electric e-tron Quattro SUV
- We Go For a Spin In The Concept Mercedes Vision EQS
- 2023 Mercedes EQE Spied As The Electric E-Class Equivalent
- Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupe Spied Hiding Minor Cosmetic Surgery
- McLaren Elva M1A By MSO Honors McLaren’s Racing History
- 2019 Mercedes-AMG G63 Caught Off-Guard Showing Interior
- 2020 Geneva Motor Show recap: Debuts from BMW, Hyundai and more
- Apex AP-0 Concept Debuts As 650-HP EV Supercar With Racing DNA
- 2020 SSC Tuatara Debuts With 1,750 HP, Wild Looks
- Pens, jackets, and more: The best non-car stuff to buy from Bentley, Porsche, and BMW
- 2021 Jaguar XJ Electric Sedan Spied Hiding Sleek Production Body
- Jaguar XJ Electric Sedan Caught In Better Spy Shots
- Geneva in 60 seconds: endless supercars
- Trucks, muscle, and futurism: 7 Detroit Auto Show rides we can’t wait to drive
- 2020 Zenvo TSR-S Keeps Wild Rear Wing, Adds Carbon Fiber Wheels
- New BMW M5 can allegedly switch from AWD to RWD whenever drivers want
Mercedes EQS Makes Drag Race Debut Against Taycan, Model S, E-Tron GT have 525 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.