A 79-year-old Hanoi man has been fined for failure to wear a face mask in public after he was filmed hitting a police officer who reminded him about the face covering regulation.
An official from the People's Committee in Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper on Saturday that the administration had imposed a VND2 million (US$86) fine on Nguyen Van H., 79, for not wearing a face mask in public.
Cau Giay police are finalizing their investigation to decide whether they will charge H. for obstructing law enforcement officers.
At around 4:50 pm on Friday, H. was walking without a face mask in an alley on Lac Long Quan Street.
Hoang Van Tho, a police officer who was on duty at a COVID-19 checkpoint in the alley, spotted H. and reminded him to put on a face mask in accordance with regulations.
The elderly did not cooperate and began yelling at Tho.
As Tho continued to explain about the rule, H. hit the officer's face with his pith helmet.
The officer suffered minor bleeding following the attack.
H. was eventually escorted to the police station.
The incident was filmed by several bystanders.
Hanoi has recorded nearly 1,400 local COVID-19 transmissions since the fourth wave hit Vietnam on April 27.
The capital previously reinstated extensive social distancing measures for 15 days from July 24.
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nightmare in the lap of luxury
- OPINION New Attack on DVD Piracy Goes Too Far
- Edgar Wright no longer directing Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man
- Homefront Goes to Bollywood as Phantom, The Tradition of Copying Film Posters Continues
- Iron Man 2 Review
- Yo-Kai Watch Requests Side Quests Guide – Quest Location, Conditions, Rewards
- TECH TREK Crowdfunders Send Jamaican Bobsled Team to Sochi
- Brush Fires; Shootings: Encinitas, San Diego County Police Log
- Saturday Crapshoot: Mean City: Learn English Or DIE!
- Contrast Luminary Locations Guide – Where To Find All Luminaries
- Dishonored 2 M04: The Clockwork Mansion part 1 – Upper and Lower Aventa District
- Silent Hill Downpour Side Quests Guide
- Ray Bradbury Dies at 91
- The Witcher 3 Witcher Contracts Guide – Tips, Locations, How to Trigger
- Dead Island Collectibles Guide
- Rainbow Six Siege Update 3.3 Patch Notes; Bans for Team Killing, Changes to Kapkan and Others
- Assassin’s Creed: Unity Murder Mysteries Guide – Clues Locations, How to Solve
- Damnation fully playable in co-op, says Blue Omega
- Stone review
- 10 Disney Worlds That Should Be in ‘Kingdom Hearts’
Maskless septuagenarian man filmed attacking officer in Hanoi alley have 393 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.