The market continued to rise on Thursday, boosted by gains in material stocks and interest from foreign investors as they net bought more than VND1 trillion on two main exchanges.
The VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE) settled higher yesterday, up 10.81 points, or 0.81 per cent, to 1,345.55 points. The index struggled in the morning trade as strong selling pressure caused the index to fall in the early session, but surging demand helped halt losses and push the index to recover.
The market breadth was positive with 262 stocks increasing, while 116 fell. However, the liquidity was lower than the previous session as 635.5 million shares were traded on the southern market, worth over VND19.32 trillion (US$840.5 million).
The gain was mainly driven by large-cap stocks in material, real estate and banking sectors.
The 30 biggest stocks tracker VN30-Index posted a rise of 0.97 per cent to close yesterday at 1,486.46 points. Twenty of 30 biggest stocks in the VN30 basket climbed while eight stocks fell and two ended flat.
Hoa Phat Group (HPG) and Viet Nam Rubber Group JSC (GVR) were the two biggest influencers on the market's trend yesterday, with gains of 2.74 per cent and 4.19 per cent, respectively.
Vinhomes JSC (VHM), Vietcombank (VCB) and VPBank (VPB) also support the benchmark, up in a range of 0.91 – 2.15 per cent.
Other stocks, mostly in the banking sector, also recorded good performance. There stocks were Techcombank (TCB), Mobile World Investment Corporation (MWG), Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB) and MBBank (MBB).
On Ha Noi Stock Exchange (HNX), the HNX-Index settled higher yesterday, up 1.7 per cent to 325.46 points.
Investors poured nearly VND3.9 trillion into the northern bourse, equivalent to a trading volume of 154.2 million shares.
Meanwhile, foreign investors were net buyers on both exchanges with a total value of over VND1.14 trillion. Of which, they net bought a value of VND1.1 trillion on HoSE and a value of VND19.32 billion on HNX.
In its recent report, VNDirect Securities Corporation was more cautious on the complexity of the COVID-19 outbreak and said that the prevention measures might make it difficult to build another rally in the short-term.
“The VN-Index had plunged 13.7 per cent from the peak due to concerns about negative impacts on the macro-economy and business activities,” the securities firm said.
“The average liquidity in July also decreased by 12.8 per cent compared to the previous month.”
However, the inflows of foreign investment were a positive signal, VNDirect added. Last month, foreign investors net bought a value of nearly VND4.6 trillion on the market, boosted by inflows from exchange traded funds (ETFs), especially Fubon FTSE Vietnam ETF. — VNS
- Saudi Bourse ‘Optimistic’ on Getting FTSE Emerging Market Tag
- India Leads Asia Fund Flows in March as Foreigners Return: Chart
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Economic growth: Govt policies help ‘boost investment in Punjab'
- What has caused the shares sell-off and where will markets go from here?
- Pound to euro exchange rate – Sterling rallies as single currency is hit by doubts
- ‘Focus on Somalia to penetrate African markets’
- Market watch: Driven by blue chips, KSE-100 rises for sixth straight session
- Belfast office market remains buoyant after strong end to year
- Market watch: KSE-100 closes fourth consecutive session in red
- Tunisia protests: Is there a trade-off between a strong economy and democracy?
- House of Bruar fires luxury market warning
- MARKET REPORT: The drugs don’t work for Indivior
- Stocks stage comeback with record inflows despite wilting returns
- PSX ends as world’s worst market in 2017
- Asian markets uneasy as longer U.S. debt yields verge on 3 percent
- Market watch: Foreign investors continue to buy as KSE-100 moves past 45,000
- Market watch: Foreigners accumulate as KSE-100 gains 598 points
- Market watch: KSE-100 increases 719 points, but falls short of 45,000
- Bets on U.S. inflation heat up in bond market
Market maintains rally with strong inflow of foreign investment have 636 words, post on bizhub.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.