|MSB has just entered the VNFin Lead index in July and the VN Diamond index at the end of April|
Maritime Bank (MSB) plans to issue 352.5 million new shares to pay dividends to existing shareholders in the third quarter. At the closing date of the list of shareholders to exercise their rights, shareholders with 100 shares will receive 30 additional shares.
To increase its charter capital, MSB uses its profit to pay dividends in 2020, after setting aside sufficient amounts and funds as prescribed by law and the remaining undivided profits of the previous year.
By the end of 2020, this bank's accumulated undistributed after-tax profit was more than VND4,78 trillion ($208 million).
After the issuance, the number of outstanding shares of MSB is expected to increase from 1.16 billion to 1.53 trillion, with the charter capital will also increasing from VND11.75 trillion ($511.5 million) to VND15.28 trillion ($665 million).
At the end of the first six months of the year, MSB recorded a net interest income of VND2.9 trillion ($126.2 million), up 46 per cent over the same period in 2020. Net income from service activities increased 6.7 times to VND2.2 trillion ($96.77 million).
Net profit from foreign exchange business increased 98 per cent over the same period in 2020 to nearly VND200 billion ($8.7 million).
In contrast, activities from trading securities and investment securities decreased by VND204 million ($8,880) and 8.4 billion ($365,655), respectively, while in the same period, trading securities went down by VND81 million ($3,526), and investment securities gained VND347.7 billion ($15.1 million).
Profit before tax was VND3.1 trillion ($135 million), three times higher than the performance in the same period in 2020. Profit after tax was VND2.48 trillion ($108 million), three times higher than the performance in the same period in 2020 as well.
MSB’s total assets at the end of the second quarter reached VND183.1 trillion ($7.97 billion), an increase of 4 per cent compared to the beginning of the year. In which, customer deposits reached VND86 trillion ($3.7 billion) and customer loans VND91.38 trillion ($4 billion).
By Trúc Anh
- SeABank increases charter capital to nearly 526 mln USD
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank gets Sebi's go ahead to launch IPO
- BAC A BANK gets thumbs-up at Hanoi Stock Exchange
- Big state banks gradually lose credit market share
- SBI, PFC eye Bond Street after Exim’s $1 billion issue
- Local investment banks edge out global brands in managing IPOs
- Brazil defaults on BRICS bank agreement after Congress blocks payment
- Deutsche Bank's biggest scandals
- Co-op Bank reveals takeover talks with US private equity buyer
- Electrical equipment maker to hike capital to fund wind power
- Shares rise for five straight sessions
- Sequoia Capital-backed Indigo Paints gets Sebi nod to float IPO
- Amid favorable conditions, bank listings on the rise
- Vietnam Airlines issues VND8 trillion of shares to existing shareholders
- Standard Chartered opens Singapore lab to arm employees with digital skills
- Insurance groups signal intent to raise funds for stock boost
- Janet Yellen made millions giving speeches to Wall Street banks she'll soon regulate
- Charles Kushner -the recently pardoned father of Trump's Middle East peace envoy Jared - raises eyebrows with plan to raise $100 million by selling bonds in Israel
- BharatPe to raise up to $200 million equity funding
- ‘Payments banks will target customers ready to pay for services’
Maritime Bank issues more than 350 million shares to raise charter capital have 504 words, post on vir.com.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.