HÀ NỘI — A man wanted in connection with the death of a Vietnamese student in Osaka, Japan was arrested by Japanese police on Thursday, the Vietnam News Agency reported in Tokyo.
The man's first name was released as Alberto. He is 26-year-old and is from the Dominican Republic.
He is currently unemployed and has no permanent residence address.
He was seized by the police in Osaka at 1.34pm on Thursday.
The man is alleged to have beat the Vietnamese student then pushed him into the Dotonbori River in the Namba Parks area, which caused him to die on Monday night.
He appeared to have drunk alcohol with the student near the scene before the incident took place, the police said.
On Monday, a video posted to social media by another Vietnamese citizen showed a young man being assaulted and then pushed into a river in the Namba Parks area. It prompted the Consulate General of Việt Nam in Osaka to contact Osaka police to verify the incident.
Local police on Tuesday said the victim was a young man born in 1999. He was killed just after 8pm on Monday, at a pedestrian area near the Ebisu bridge, in Osaka City. An emergency medical unit had tried to save him but was unsuccessful.
Further investigations are underway. — VNS
- SFPD arrests 19-year-old Oakland man in connection with July assault, robbery
- Arrest Made After American Student Dies in Italy
- Vietnamese student in UK establishes super express delivery service
- Police question man over mysterious death of German politician
- Naked Florida Man Arrested For Beating Peeping Tom to Death, Police Say It Was Not in Self Defense
- Man arrested in Sophie Sergie's 1993 murder in Alaska over DNA: Officials
- The San Francisco butler who lured a homeless man to his death to keep his job
- Utah man arrested in Mexico after couple found dead in Texas
- Florida Man Arrested for Allegedly Raping a 10-year-old Girl He Met on Snapchat
- 20-year-old man shot to death in San Francisco’s Tenderloin
- Kentucky Man Arrested After Allegedly Shooting and Killing His Father With a Crossbow
- Essex lorry deaths: Vietnamese police arrest another person
- Boy, 11, found dead at house in Limerick as man arrested after ‘fatal assault’
- 15 people found in lorry as man arrested near Chippenham two weeks after bodies of 39 migrants discovered in container
- Man arrested in 1991 cold case killing of 16-year-old girl
- Milwaukee man arrested in fatal hit-and-run that killed young sisters
- 2 teens arrested in death of Ohio photographer hit by falling tree branch
- Man arrested after 15 people found alive in lorry in Wiltshire
- Man shot to death near Oakland’s Fruitvale Station Shopping Center; two arrested
- Woman dead, man arrested in shooting across from SF’s Lowell High School
Man arrested in connection with death of Vietnamese student have 469 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.