In memory of the late comic and actor Brody Stevens, the city of Los Angeles has declared August 18 to forevermore be known as Brody Stevens Day. Stevens was a tireless booster of the valley, and his 818 area code.
The Comedy Store announced that the ceremony would take place August 18 at Brody's Bench, a bench dedicated to the comic in Reseda Park. Artist/comedian Kevin Christy shared a pic of the ceremony and the official resolution on Twitter. And yes, an official City of Los Angeles resolution mentions that Stevens was cut out of Funny People. " WHEREAS, Brody Stevens was a prolific comedian and entertainer. From performing in films like The Hangover, Due Date, and cut out of Funny People…" the document starts, before going on to list Stevens' TV credits and catchphrases.
Stevens committed suicide in 2019 , and his loss is still being felt by the Los Angeles comedy community. Since his death, more work has been done to help comedians seek help for mental illness and bring Stevens' positivity into a world without him. Last year Comedy Gives Back co-founer Amber J. Lawson called his death a tipping point telling Vulture , "I do think there's a shift in mental-health awareness. There's really an effort to reduce the fears that you will be judged or not given a job or somehow black-marked against because you ask for help."
- SpaceX Will Build Its Next-Gen Mars Rocket in Los Angeles
- Flies in operating rooms cause Los Angeles VA hospital to postpone dozens of surgeries
- Los Angeles District Attorney reviewing sexual assault case against Kevin Spacey
- Homeless death rate in Los Angeles County jumps by more than a third, 'sobering' report says
- Mercer and Marsh Los Angeles Office Moves to US Bank Tower
- Honda Civic Si, Alfa Romeo SUV, and more on deck for 2016 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Battle: Los Angeles Review
- Los Angeles lawmakers vote to ban e-cigarettes in public places
- ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ and ‘Crossing Jordan’ star Miguel Ferrer dies at 61
- Los Angeles is now the largest U.S. city to ban plastic bags
- Battle: Los Angeles trailer shows us our new overlords
- Evoque Convertible, Cayman GT4 Clubsport and more at 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show
- 10 of the most exciting cars from the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Sprint rolls out 4G WiMax in Los Angeles, Miami, four other cities
- Los Angeles prefab company Cover shows off its first completed and installed unit.
- Surprising no one, Los Angeles is the most gridlocked city in the world
- SpaceX indicates it will manufacture the BFR rocket in Los Angeles
- Steve Ballmer wants the Los Angeles Clippers to switch from iPads to Windows
- More Amazon Go stores are coming to Seattle and Los Angeles, report says
- 2014 Porsche Cayman unveiled at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show
Los Angeles Declares 8/18 Brody Stevens Day have 460 words, post on www.vulture.com at August 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.