In an article published on its August 4 issue, the newspaper highlighted the bilateral time-honored friendship and collaboration, which was founded and fostered by Lao Presidents Kaysone Phomvihane and Suphanouvong and Vietnamese President Ho Chi Minh.
Over the past time, the Party, Government and people of Vietnam have provided valuable, timely and effective help, including annual aid as well as extraordinary assistance in response to natural disasters.
In particular, during the COVID-19 pandemic, Vietnam is the first country to send personnel to Laos to support its fight against the pandemic, which demonstrates the special nature of the bilateral relations, said the article.
It added that Vietnam is currently a major economic, trade and investment partner of Laos, with two-way trade rising continuously and Vietnam currently being Laos' third biggest investor.
The two countries' senior leaders have increased meetings, and delegation exchanges have been held regularly, which affirm the determination to enhance the friendship, special solidarity and all-round collaboration in a new situation and in accordance with each country's situation.
The article also mentioned the official friendship visit to Vietnam by Lao Party General Secretary and President Thongloun Sisoulith from June 28-29 – his first foreign tour as the top leader of Laos.
The visit as well as efforts to strengthen the bilateral cooperation once again affirm the will and determination of the Lao Party, State and people to maintain its profound, closed-knit and mutual confident relations with Vietnam, it wrote.
- Corruption-free infrastructure key to sustainable development: Deputy PM
- Wood industry: Sustainable development
- Symposium talks Vietnamese Buddhism in Laos
- Russian scholars optimistic about Vietnam – Russia ties
- HCM City ready to host Vietnam-China diplomatic ties anniversary
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh meets with Lao top leaders
- Explained: The meaning of Sushma's Vietnam visit
- Deputy PM meets his Lao counterpart, NA Chairwoman
- Vietnam – Laos conference to share experiences in ethnic work
- Việt Nam-Laos trade hits US$940 million in ten months
- NA leader expects stronger Vietnam-Netherlands relations
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh visits Laos
- Vietnam makes progress in human development: experts
- Deputy PM Trương Hòa Bình visits Laos
- Vietnam makes big leap in human development: UNDP
- Capital gets to taste Lao Cai province's local specialties
- Việt Nam makes progress in human development: experts
- Capital gets to taste Lao Cai Province's local specialties
- Visa ties up with Tourism Advisory Board
- Former U.S. President Barack Obama makes a return visit to Vietnam
Laos, Vietnam ensure sustainable development of bilateral ties: PathetLao have 387 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.