Hanoi (VNA) – Laos has for the 7th consecutive time extended lockdown measures to curb COVID-19, while Indonesia has decided to prolong its restrictions on community activities, known locally as PPKM Level 4, in several regions until August 9.
Laos' lockdown, first issued on April 22, will be further implemented from August 4 to 18 given fears over transmission risks brought about by returning workers and domestic infections.
The country's Ministry of Health on August 3 confirmed 250 new infectisons of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, including 13 community cases. The total caseload reached 7,015, including seven deaths.
Meanwhile, in Indonesia , the PPKM Level 4, requiring workers in non-essential sectors to work from home and shopping malls to temporarily close, was extended as the country is still fighting the second COVID-19 wave that has overwhelmed hospitals.
Indonesia has logged more than 3.4 million COVID-19 cases and 97,000 deaths since the pandemic began.
The nation launched its national vaccination programme in January, but yet to meet the target. Average 755,765 doses of vaccined are administrated a day in comparision to the government’s daily target of 1 million doses.
Also on August 3, Cambodia logged 577 new infections and 29 deaths from the virus in the past 24 hours, pushing its total count to 79,051 cases and 1,471 deaths.
As many as 72,145 patients were recovered.
The Southeast Asian country started its COVID-19 vaccination programme on February 10 with the goal of vaccinating 12 million people, representing 75 percent of its 16-million population. As of August 2, about 7.5 million people had received at least one dose of the vaccines./
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 22 (updated hourly)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 19
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 21 (updated hourly)
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 25 (updated hourly)
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 18
- Two Diamond Princess passengers DIE from coronavirus: Japanese man and woman in their 80s are killed after being quarantined on 'virus factory' where bureaucrats allowed disease to run riot
Laos, Indonesia extend COVID-19 restriction measures have 323 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.