The Mekong-Japan cooperation has significantly contributed to socio-economic development in the Mekong countries, he said at the 14th Mekong-Japan Foreign Ministers' Meeting on August 6.
He suggested Japan and the Mekong countries prioritise pandemic containment and inclusive, sustainable economic recovery.
Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said Japan has also provided 5.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, 700 ventilators and 750 million JPY (6.8 million USD) for the Mekong countries to help them build cold storage systems.
The ministers lauded Japan's aid and outcomes of the Mekong-Japan cooperation. They shared the view that the countries should strengthen their collaboration in pandemic prevention and control, and economic recovery./.
- Chinese dams held back Mekong waters during drought, study finds
- Japan's battle with pandemic may mark end of Abe's fiscal experiment
- Japan PM to declare state of emergency of up to 6 months: media
- Japan to declare coronavirus emergency, launch $990 billion stimulus: PM
- Japan to declare state of emergency for about a month: PM
- Japan to declare coronavirus emergency, launch stimulus of almost $1 trillion: PM
- Many Mekong Delta localities still enjoy export growth in Q1
- Mekong Delta provinces expect good summer-autumn rice crop
- ITV and BBC to switch off at 8pm for Clap for our Carers to support key workers
- Diamond Princess cruise passengers disembark after 14-day quarantine ends in Japan, raising concerns among health experts
- Japan underlines need for information sharing to fight COVID-19
- Japan donates $236, 000 for Humanitarian Mine Action in Northeast
- Japan announces state of emergency amid coronavirus crisis as government prepares $990billion stimulus package
- ANALYSIS-Japan's battle with pandemic may mark end of Abe's fiscal experiment
- Japan declares state of emergency, ramping up virus battle
- Investors line up against Mizuho support for coal
- Japan nuclear crisis prompts surging investor confidence in renewables
- IMF warns Japan against deepening negative interest rates
- Japan announces state of emergency amid coronavirus crisis
- Japan declares state of emergency over coronavirus
Japan’s support to Mekong countries applauded have 294 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.