According to Japanese media, Osaka Prefectural Police arrested the suspect Monday night after the incident was discovered the same night near the pedestrian riverside area of Ebisu Bridge crossing Dotonbori River in Chuo Ward of Osaka City.
Investigators said the suspect and victim had been drinking near the scene before their conversation escalated into a quarrel, resulting in the scuffle.
The victim was then beaten and kicked into Dotonbori River.
Rescuers had rushed him to hospital shortly after they were informed by locals, though he died later the same night.
An autopsy revealed the cause of death was suffocation due to drowning, with many bruises recorded to the victim’s head and neck.
The suspect had left the scene immediately after committing the crime. He was found later in Nishirari Ward of Osaka City.
Osaka Police had on Tuesday confirmed the victim as a 22-year-old Vietnamese citizen in their statement sent to the Consulate General of Vietnam in Japan.
His family in Hanoi said he had studied in Japan from 2019.
- Rob Ford Drug Scandal: Arrests Made in Murder Case
- DNA On Napkin Leads To Arrest In 1986 Rape, Murder Case
- Woman gets new court date in Las Vegas bus shove murder case
- Maine man arrested in Alaska cold case contests extradition
- Ex-Bexar deputies arrested in jail-contraband case
- Arrest in 1986 cold case murder of 12-year-old Washington girl abducted from park
- Greek police arrest suspect in Greek-Australian's murder
- Woman who wrote 'How to Murder Your Husband' arrested for allegedly murdering her husband
- Prosecutors set time to outline murder case in Nevada case
- Traffic stop ends with man arrested in 1997 homicide case
- Arrest made in murder of teen killed hours after her birthday
- Houston-area man arrested, charged with murder of brother-in-law
- Austin police arrest suspect in slaying, random gunfire
- Austria: More Than Half of Suspects in Murders of Women in 2017 Were Foreigners
- Justice Department reopens Emmett Till murder case
- Murder case that went cold for 40 years now has a suspect
- The First Murder Case to Use Family Tree Forensics Goes to Trial
- BART police arrest suspect in fatal stabbing of woman on platform
- ICE: Twice-Deported Illegal Alien Suspected of Murder in New York
- Malawi: Mob Kills Man Suspected of Murderous ‘Witchcraft’
Japan arrests suspect in Vietnamese murder case have 348 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.