In this difficult Covid-19 situation, telecom and internet communication are the only means for people to connect with local authorities.
Vietnam's mobile carriers are scheduled to carry out a support package worth nearly VND10 trillion ($435 million) for telecom subscribers in a three-month period.
|Overview of the launch.|
Minister of Information and Communications (MIC) Nguyen Manh Hung revealed the move in a launching ceremony held today [August 2] upon instruction of Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on supporting the people and enterprises affected by the fourth Covid-19 outbreak.
"Mobile carriers would offer promotions worth VND10 trillion in three months so that the people would be provided with 50% more mobile data at the same price," stated Hung, saying people with low income would be subject to discounted telecom packages.
According to Hung, in this difficult Covid-19 situation, telecom and internet communication are the only means for people to connect with local authorities.
"The Covid-19 is a catalyst for digital transformation, the fact that people use more telecom services and the internet means such process is being accelerated," he noted.
Hung said a 50% increase in data but still maintaining service quality is a challenge for mobile carriers, but this is also a good opportunity for them to optimize the network and prepare for the development phase post-Covid-19.
Director of Telecommunications Department Hoang Minh Cuong added since the first Covid-19 outbreak in Vietnam, the MIC has been supporting the people and enterprises in the Covid-19 fight through various methods, including discounted telecom packages, more mobile data, or raising public awareness by sending phone messages.
Telecom companies such as Viettel, VNPT, MobiFone, CMC, FPT, Vietnamobile, SCTV would participate in the move that starts from August 5.
Carriers are expected to double data for cable internet services to meet the growing demand of remote working and studying while providing free of charge for the use of the Bluezone app or visiting the website of the Ministry of Health.
Customers would also enjoy an additional 50% mobile data for all packages and prices would remain unchanged.
- Modi announces ₹1L cr support for agriculture sector
- COVID-19 tracing app Bluezone hits 15.7 million users
- No global tenders for Rs 200 crore worth projects to benefit local telecom gear makers
- Covid-19: Tracing India’s journey to two million cases
- Over 14.9 million people download Bluezone
- Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to appear together today after he announced her as his running mate - prompting record breaking donations from supporters and Donald Trump to call her 'opponent everyone dreams of'
- '100 per cent accurate' antibody tests to tell millions of Britons if they have ALREADY had coronavirus 'will be available in TWO WEEKS' - as Boris Johnson plans primetime broadcast to unveil the nation's route back to school and work
- Lebanon PM to announce government resignation Monday: minister
- Govt nods Rs 20,000 cr support for stressed MSMEs, Rs 50K cr equity infusion
- Summer schools to help kids catch up after pandemic. Ministry will fund them with half a million
- Serum Institute to make up to 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India, low-income countries by 2021
- Washington offers $10 million reward for information against election interference
- The Tears of TikTok: Social media stars with millions of followers bid farewell to the popular video-sharing app where they shot to fame after President Trump announces he's banning the Chinese-owned platform
- Hyundai unveils its self-driving car company Motional and announces plans to roll out a fleet of robotaxis by 2022
- Trump supporters paint over a city-sanctioned Black Lives Matter mural in California with black paint just hours after residents finished it on Fourth of July
- $96 Million In State Grants Awarded To Small Businesses Impacted By Pandemic
- Ban on Chinese apps alone will not address long-term information threats
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani says DC policymakers need to do more to support ventures and 'solo-preneurs'; Federal unemployment benefits expire as coronavirus deal-making deadlocks
- 5G unmade: The UK’s Huawei reversal splits the global telecom supply chain
- Coronavirus live updates: Jobless claims fall, 16 million still collecting unemployment
Information ministry announces US$435 million support for telecom subscribers have 654 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.