Speaking at the Food and Agriculture Summit 2021 on August 3, Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs Airlangga Hartarto said Indonesia’s economy starts to recover thanks to efforts to boost economic development and contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
The industrial, agricultural, commercial, construction and mining sectors significantly contribute to Indonesia’s GDP growth, but only the agricultural sector remains resilient, Hartarto noted.
The pandemic has raised challenges related to poverty, unemployment, inequality, and affected food security, he said.
The Indonesian government has swiftly implemented agricultural development programmes to ensure food security and improve incomes for farmers and fishermen.
According to the minister, the country has built food production zones to strengthen the national food system.
President Joko Widodo has directed to implement food park projects in Central Kalimantan and North Sumatra, which has made it easier for farmers to access support, financial resources and other assistances from the government and private sectors.
Another programme to promote agricultural production is the development of export-oriented horticulture in order to increase farmers’ incomes, Hartarto said.
Accordingly, investors will provide high-quality seeds and support the packaging process, while the government provides financial and export support to improve the competitiveness of horticultural products./.
- Fresno State QBs get tested amid unsettled o-line during first spring scrimmage
- Under Armour remains committed to Baltimore amid unrest, Plank says
- Unai Emery and Marco Silva are agents of evolution, not revolution, and so should be given more time
- Rough time for Eastern Shore's poultry industry
- San Luis Obispo gets over the hump in section soccer, beats Clovis North for girls title
- Bulldogs got WAC’ed, but it shouldn’t lead to irreparable damage in MW play
- Fishing report for week of Feb. 6-12
- Fresno State gets quite a one-man show at No. 6 Nevada. But the Bulldogs needed two men
- That happened? Dante Chachere saves day and Clovis West wins section title in double OT
- The Polish Sopranos: The story of how violent gangsters sent historic club towards oblivion
- What Bill Romanowski wants to see from Derek Carr and the Raiders in 2019
Indonesia’s agriculture remains resilient amid COVID-19 pandemic have 366 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.