Broad-spectrum antirival drug Remdesivir has been sought after worldwide for COVID-19 treatment. (Photo: The Times of India)
The shipment is poised to arrive in Vietnam in a month's time, according to the Vietnamese Trade Office in India.
The office said the commitment was made following days of negotiations between the Vietnamese Embassy's taskforce on COVID-19 drugs and vaccines and major pharmaceutical companies of India such as Hetero, Dr. Reddy, Cipla, Jubilant, Mylan, Zydus and Cadila.
The taskforce has held working sessions with relevant agencies of the Indian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry that pledged to create maximum conditions for businesses to complete export procedures.
India has banned the export of drugs for COVID-19 treatment due to the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus a couple of months ago. It then eased the measure on June 16 as the fresh outbreak was brought under control.
"The early purchase of necessary special drugs from India will hopefully help us soon control and defeat the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Vietnamese Ambassador to India Pham Sanh Chau.
Earlier Vingroup, a leading multi-sectoral conglomerate in Vietnam, said it has reached a deal with its partner to purchase 500,000 vials of Remdesivir for COVID-19 treatment in Vietnam.
Remdesivir, a broad-spectrum antiviral drug much sought after worldwide, is manufactured by India's Cipla Pharmaceutical Company with permission granted by US-based Gilead Sciences, the developer of the drug.
According to Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Truong Son, his ministry will soon license Remdesivir and include the medication in the COVID-19 treatment protocol in Vietnam.
Remdesivir is an antiviral drug licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration for COVID-19 treatment. The much-sought-after drug is used to treat COVID-19 patients with moderate and severe symptoms. More than 50 countries and territories worldwide have approved Remdesivir for COVID-19 treatment.
- Vietnam to get 120 mln Covid-19 vaccine doses this year
- Vietnam likely to get 30 mln Covid-19 vaccine doses in Q3
- Indonesia aims to administer 2 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses daily in August
- Turkey administers 44 mln COVID-19 vaccine doses
- US Sending 2.5 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses to Taiwan
- Việt Nam to receive 8 million COVID-19 vaccine doses this month: health minister
- Ho Chi Minh City man accidentally gets two COVID-19 vaccine doses in 30 minutes
- Japan to donate more Covid-19 vaccines to Vietnam
- Centre to provide states, UTs with over 19 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses
- Over 1.24 crore unutilised COVID-19 vaccine doses still with states: Centre
- From July, private hospitals can order COVID-19 vaccine doses through CoWin: Report
- India's daily COVID-19 case count dips further, reports 60,753 new infections
- With 39,796 new cases, India's active COVID-19 count declines to 4.82 lakh
- Eight million Covid-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam next month
- Israel Agrees To Lend At Least 1 Million Covid-19 Vaccines Doses To Palestinian Authority
- Which Countries Will Receive America's Donated Covid-19 Vaccine Doses?
- Japan donates additional one million Covid-19 vaccines to Vietnam
- 1 million US COVID-19 vaccine doses due in Malaysia on Jul 5
- From Corbevax to Covovax: All you need to know about India’s new Covid-19 vaccines
- India Administers Record 8.6 Million Covid-19 Vaccine Doses On Monday As Free Inoculations Begin
India to deliver 1 mln COVID-19 Remdesivir doses to Vietnam have 528 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.