If fully vaccinated, people arriving from abroad to be quarantined for 7 days
The Saigon Times
|People entering Vietnam through the Tan Son Nhat International Airport in HCMC. Fully vaccinated people arriving from abroad will be quarantined for seven days instead of 14 days – PHOTO: SGGP|
HCMC – People from abroad who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and have a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result will be placed under mandatory quarantine for seven days instead of 14 days and self-isolate for another week.
The Ministry of Health on August 4 issued a document shortening the quarantine period for fully vaccinated people who want to travel to Vietnam. Accordingly, their negative test result must be issued 72 hours before their arrival, the local media reported.
In addition, their second Covid-19 shot must be administered at least 14 days but no more than 12 months before their arrival. They must also show proof of vaccination.
Those who have been infected with Covid-19 and have certificates proving that they have recovered from the disease no more than six months ago will also be entitled to a shorter mandatory quarantine.
Those people will be tested on the first and seventh quarantine days. After the quarantine period, they must follow anti-pandemic regulations and activate the Bluezone health declaration app.
The Ministry of Health proposed the Ministry of Foreign Affairs provide guidance on the check and approval of Covid-19 vaccination and recovery papers.
Localities should allow arriving people to be quarantined at hotels if they wish to do so and agree to pay the quarantine fees. The management, handover, transport and admission of quarantined people must be conducted carefully to prevent cross infection and transmission of the coronavirus in the community.
The Ministry of Health's decision has been discussed with scientists, the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Vietnam.
Since last month, the ministry has piloted the policy in the northern province of Quang Ninh, allowing fully vaccinated travelers and recovered Covid-19 patients to stay at centralized quarantine centers for seven days.
- Licensed swine flu vaccine might not be available until end of 2009: WHO
- What it took to change one mom's mind about refusing vaccines
- Read Roald Dahl's Powerful Pro-Vaccination Letter (From 1988)
- One dose of new vaccine enough to stop swine flu spread
- One dose of swine flu vaccine is all adults need to protect against H1N1: study
- Sebelius: First round of swine flu vaccine could be ready in early October
- Extreme measures, including quarantines, unsuccessful at containing swine flu, experts say
- British girl, 14, dies after receiving cervical cancer vaccine Cervarix
- Travelling soon? Health authorities urge you to get a measles vaccine
- Obama administration says swine flu vaccinations will likely start this fall
- Med workers will be first to get swine flu vaccine when it arrives in city, health chief Farley
- Remote Year 101: How to prepare for 12 months abroad
- Production of swine flu vaccine is way behind: Government promised 120 million doses
- Swine flu vaccine trials show younger children will need 2 doses - officials
- Medical journal retracts landmark paper that linked autism to childhood MMR vaccine
- Daily News endorses Obama for President: He has the promise to renew America at home and abroad
- Voice of the People for Nov. 21, 2009
- Riot Games Says It Wants To Clean Up Its Mess, But The People Who Made It Are Still There
- Let women sing at Wailing Wall: On High Holy Days, a plea to open Israel's holiest site to all Jews
- Protester Shot in H.K. on China’s National Day: Hong Kong Update
If fully vaccinated, people arriving from abroad to be quarantined for 7 days have 571 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.