Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City have hiked the number of COVID-19 vaccination teams to 1,200, with each setting a goal to administer at least 200 doses a day.
The southern Vietnamese city initiated its fifth inoculation campaign on July 22, during which 930,000 vaccine doses are set to be given to local residents within two to three weeks.
The original number of vaccination teams was 624 and has been increased to 1,200 following a decision by vice-chairman of the municipal People's Committee Duong Anh Duc on Sunday.
Each team will strive to administer at least 200 jabs of COVID-19 vaccine per day.
From July 22 to August 1, the inoculation campaign gave more than 767,800 doses.
The campaign targets all residents aged 18 and older, with priorities given to people over 65 years old, those with underlying health conditions, and frontline workers.
Family members of frontline workers also received their shots at some inoculation sites on Sunday.
Thu Duc City on the same day put into operation a number of mobile vaccination teams to serve residents in isolated areas or those unable to come to inoculation sites.
As of the end of July, Ho Chi Minh City had received 3,096,770 vaccine shots, while five million more are expected to be distributed to the metropolis in August.
The city has 6,966,626 residents age 18 and older, and needs approximately 13.8 million vaccine shots to vaccinate 99 percent of these citizens.
Having recorded 96,292 local COVID-19 infections since the fourth wave started, Ho Chi Minh City is now the hardest-hit locality in Vietnam.
Municipal authorities have implemented social distancing at various levels since May 31, with the latest extension lasting for 14 days from August 2.
Residents are required to follow regulations under the prime minister's Directive No. 16 and stay indoors from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am, except in emergency health situations.
Vietnam had recorded 157,507 COVID-19 cases as of Monday afternoon, with 43,157 recoveries and 1,306 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has registered 153,672 domestic infections in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since April 27.
- Expert suggests four ways to help transform Ho Chi Minh City into a financial hub
- Top 10 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- “Ho Chi Minh City - Development and Integration” festival set for Nov. 29
- Ho Chi Minh City in three days: holiday itinerary
- Ho Chi Minh City to encourage school students to travel by bus
- Defective street lights pose threat to drivers, pedestrians in Ho Chi Minh City
- Over 7,000 disabled to join 20th camp festival in Ho Chi Minh City
- Social worker arrested for allegedly molesting teenagers in Ho Chi Minh City
- Four ways to help transform Ho Chi Minh City into a financial hub
- Roadside BBQ parties a headache in Ho Chi Minh City’s new urban area
- International textile and garment industry exhibitions open in Ho Chi Minh City
- Asia Pacific technology conference opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City installs 5 large screens to air Vietnam-Japan game
- Exhibition marks 50th anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh’s testament
- Russians honoured for help with President Ho Chi Minh’s remains maintenance
- City Party Chief awards first prize to US firm in innovation district contest
- HCM City cracks down on health insurance frauds
- HCM City infrastructure firm to sell treasury shares
- HCM City ensures supply of essential goods for Tet
- HCM City hopes to intensify cooperation with Australia: official
Ho Chi Minh City increases number of vaccination teams to 1,200 have 548 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.