HCMC's retail sales drop sharply in July
By Dung Nguyen
|Vendors and buyers are required to practice social distancing at a traditional market in HCMC. The city's total retail sales of goods and services fell sharply last month – PHOTO: LE VU|
HCMC – HCMC's total retail sales of goods and services in July were estimated at VND51,576 billion, dropping 27.7% from June and 42.2% compared with the same period last year.
The retail sales of goods alone were VND35,780 billion, falling 20.1% month-on-month and 25.1% year-on-year.
Revenue from catering and accommodation services reached VND1,156 billion, falling 52.9% month-on-month and 84.1% year-on-year.
Of the figure, revenue from accommodation services dropped 26.8% month-on-month and 73.7% year-on-year to VND123 billion.
Meanwhile, revenue from catering services dropped 54.8% month-on-month and 84.8% year-on-year to VND1,033 billion.
The city earned hardly anything from travel services as the tourism industry has been shut down due to the raging Covid-19 pandemic.
Revenues from other services were estimated at VND14,640 billion, declining 39.4% from the previous month and 56.5% compared with the same period last year.
Of them, revenues from real estate services reached VND9,831, falling 40.3% month-on-month and 53.2% year-on-year.
The city's total retail sales of goods and services from January to July were estimated at VND583,192 billion, falling 1.8% compared with the same period last year.
Of the figure, the retail sales of goods reached VND335,788 billion, accounting for 57.6% of the total and increasing 2.2% year-on-year.
Specifically, the sales of food and foodstuffs rose 5.9% year-on-year and accounted for 17.6% of the total retail sales of goods.
The sales of household appliances, tools and equipment fell 0.6% and accounted for 14.7% of the total, while that of oil and gas rose 8.2% and accounted for 9.4%.
Data of the General Statistics Office showed that the country's total retail sales of goods and services from January to July amounted to nearly 2.8 quadrillion, increasing 0.7% compared with the same period last year.
Excluding inflation, the total retail sales of goods and services in the seven-month period fell 0.74% year-on-year.
In July alone, the total retail sales of goods and services of the country reached VND339,000, falling 8.3% from June and 19.8% from the same period a year ago.
- US Retail Sales Increase Modestly; Consumer Spending Strong
- US Retail Sales Increase Solidly On Automobiles
- US Retail Sales Rise Solidly; Productivity Accelerates
- US Retail Sales Jump 0.4% In August On Gains In Autos, Online
- U.S. Retail Sales Unexpectedly Fell in April
- U.S. Retail Sales Rise 1.6%, Unemployment Claims Drop To Lowest In 50 Years
- Holiday retail sales' December drop-off was the worst such decline since September 2009
- Retail Sales Surprisingly Weak, Restaurant Sales Crash
- US Auto Sales Drop In June, High Prices To Blame
- J.C. Penney's sales drop 5.4 percent while new CEO and CFO are not ready to outline turnaround strategy
- Shoppers ignore Brexit chaos as UK retail sales show surprise jump
- US retail sales rise at a healthy 0.5 percent pace in June
- Stocks close lower on decent retail sales
- July Retail Sales Rock, Productivity Soars Above Expectations, Manufacturing Businesses Booming
- Stocks surge on retail sales reports
- GameStop’s spring sale drops prices on Xbox One, PS4, and Switch games
- LG smartphone sales dropped by 21.3% YoY in Q2 2019
- Stocks drop sharply, Dow falls nearly 200
- GameStop drops sharply — then recovers — after report says Apple is exploring a 'Netflix for games' (GME, AAPL)
- New Home Sales Fell in July, Suggesting a Cooling Housing Market
HCMC’s retail sales drop sharply in July have 538 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.