HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City will give extra financial aid to poor people who are being severely affected by extended social distancing order imposed to stamp out the COVID-19 pandemic , Vo Van Hoan , Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee, said at a conference on August 5.
The conference was held by the city's Fatherland Front Committee to discuss the second social security package designated to help local residents hardest hit by the pandemic.
The new package targets poor workers and those who did not benefit from the first package, Hoan said, adding that each person will receive 1.5 million VND (65.26 USD) in cash and the package must be fully delivered to needy people before August 10.
This time, the eligibles will include people with labour contracts suspended because of COVID-19, part-time workers, directors, actors, painters and others working in the entertainment industry, he noted.
The second package is expected to benefit around 250,000 people. The first package, which was worth 426 billion VND and fully disbursed, has provided aid to freelancers, people living in locked down areas, frontline workers and families of COVID-19 patients.
HCM City also plans to establish a centre for receiving donations of necessities to affected people./.
- 'Dying communities' in small-town Minnesota find aid from federal grants
- California Cities Struggle To Help Minorities Build Marijuana Businesses
- As smog season begins, China warns against leaving residents without winter heat
- Every liberal city in America is headed toward Venezuela… get out while you can
- Los Angeles Is the Worst Bike City in America
- Aid workers, others at Minneapolis homeless camp say they are fearful
- Respiratory ailments hit in Amazon as Brazil spurns G-7 aid
- Kaiser commits $1.65 million to aid recovery from recent California wildfires
- Electronic Trading to Aid NY Financial Markets During Hurricane Sandy
- Public option hits a wall in blue states
- Cities swap public Wi-Fi secrets
- #1 Bike City: Minneapolis
- 14 smart products and sleep aids to help you fall asleep faster
- Civilization VI's Rise and Fall expansion will let you seize cities without unleashing war
- Seek CIO awarded extra $150k in salary
- How the shutdown is hitting healthcare: rural hospitals, public health, ACA credits
- Asperger East Anglia charity boss hits out in funding row
- California’s healthiest counties are also some of its wealthiest. Is yours on the list?
- California’s healthiest counties are also some of its wealthiest. How healthy is your county?
- Brooklyn Pedestrians Irate, Say Broken Traffic Signal Has Been Ignored for Months
HCM City to give extra financial aid to pandemic-hit residents have 399 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.