Doctors bid farewell to Covid-19 patients after they were discharged. Photo: Gia Dinh Hospital
According to the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control (HCDC,) as of 6 am on August 3, the city had 100,974 Covid-19 cases announced by the Ministry of Health, including 100,617 locally-transmitted cases.
Hospitals in the city are treating 33,474 Covid-19 patients, including 1,026 critically ill cases who need ventilators and 15 requiring ECMO intervention. An additional 170 Covid-19 related deaths were also recorded.
HCDC reported a new outbreak cluster detected in a residential area in District 4 on August 2, in addition to the 29 outbreak clusters that have already been zoned and closely monitored.
The city started the 5th Covid-19 vaccination campaign with 930,000 doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines o’ July 22, which is scheduled to be completed within 2-3 weeks. According to the Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City, as of 8:30 a.m. on August 3, the city administered 920,329/930,000 vaccine doses. On August 2 alone, 145,576 people were vaccinated, the highest number so far.
HCDC said that the city is coordinating with a network called "Companion Doctors" (coordinated by the Vietnam Young Physicians Association) to provide counseling for people infected or at high risk of contracting the SAR-CoV-2 virus in the community.
Based on the daily updated information of all infected people and those who have contact with infected cases on the shared database, the network will divide these cases for doctors who will contact patients and suspected cases to screen and classify risk levels, from 0 to 4, but still ensure the confidentiality of patient information. Local people can also call 1022 – press 3 for health care advice and support.
On August 2 nearly 538,490 people were vaccinated, the highest in a single day so far, taking the total number to nearly 6,959,200, with 712,860 people fully vaccinated.
If the number in the city reaches 500,000 doses a day or more, Vietnam is likely to complete the target of herd immunity by the end of 2021, according to the Ministry of Health.
The number of infections since the fourth wave began at the end of April is nearly 170,000, with HCM City accounting for more than 100,000.
- Puerto Rico Turns to Call Center, Rescue Searches, and Helicopters to Bring Patients to Hospital Ship
- Regional hospital management forum opens in Hà Nội
- Madrid hospitals look to free beds
- E-health record signup boost on back of public hospital push
- Virtual nurse provides comfort for hospital patients
- Go Over Your Medication List Before Leaving the Hospital
- Healthy path to patient records exchange
- Hospital hacked
- Disease-Ridden City Now Rid Of One Disease
- How to Make a Loved One's Time in the Hospital Easier for Everyone
- UK Hospital Staff Wear Fat Suits to Better Understand Obese Patients
- There Are No More Hospitals in Cincinnati That Offer Abortions in Cases of Fatal Fetal Anomalies
- Suspected Gas Attack At "Furry" Convention Puts 19 In Hospital
- Qbot virus still attacking Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Rotten state of children's teeth in England exposed in hospital data
- Atlanta Hospital Treating Ebola Patients Receives Hate Mail
- Chinese cancer survivor releases app for ostomy patients
- Bloomberg announces $20 billion storm protection plan for New York City
- Prevention of re-admittance to Spanish hospitals
- Telstra Health provides patient movement system for Epworth Richmond Hospital
HCM City: 3,127 Covid-19 patients discharged from hospital have 509 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.