Under the decision of Phuc Xa Ward's authorities, the closure started from 1 pm on Tuesday will last until further notice.
Long Bien Market has been locked down from 1 pm on Tuesday
The Covid-19 patient is a person who often delivers ice for the market's seafood traders to preserve their products. On July 28, he had a cough and fever. He then tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday.
On Saturday, the market's seafood area was locked down after a seafood trader who is from Thanh Tri District was confirmed positive for Covid-19.
Local authorities then traced 260 people related to the patient but all of them tested negative for Covid-19 for the first time.
Long Bien Market is home to around 1,200 traders.
Recently, Hanoi has temporarily shut many big markets because of Covid-19 infections. On July 27, Hoang Mai District closed the South wholesale market after an egg trader tested positive for Covid-19. Meanwhile, Phung Khoang Market in Nam Tu Liem District and Minh Khai in Bac Tu Liem District were also closed on Monday.
Regarding Covid-19 infections in Thanh Nga Food Company, the meat supplier for VinMart chain, dozens of VinMart supermarkets and stores in Hanoi have also been suspended for Covid-19 prevention.
- Hanoi has high demand for Grade A apartments in Quarter 3
- CCEA okays Rs 2,000 Crore Nabard agriculture market infrastructure fund
- Market Headstart | Key for Nifty to hold above 12,150 today; experts suggest avoid buying
- Basmati exports to biggest buyer Iran come to a halt
- Hanoi has high demand for Grade A apartments in Q3
- Cricket breeding goes hopping in Hanoi
- Luc Ngan litchi week opens in Hanoi
- Windfarms aren’t the real reason energy bills are rising. Blame the free market
- Market bounces back on bottom fishing
- Hanoi crowned cheapest travel destination in Asia: report
- Hanoi’s Old Quarter set to be transformed into a traditional Tet space
- VN-Index sees month’s biggest gaining session
- VN-Index sees biggest losing session in past month
- VN-Index sees biggest gaining session in a month
- HCM City traditional markets ready for Tet season
- Oil stocks fail to rescue market
- Market forecast to improve next week
- Securities firms forecast rosy 2020 for stock market
- ROS spurs market recovery
- Dow up more than 1,000 points in biggest one-day gain ever
Hanoi’s biggest wholesale market suspended due to Covid-19 have 385 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.