Police put up barricades at the market's gates from 4:30 p.m.
Health authorities have collected samples from 150 vendors and managers of the market for coronavirus testing, and advised others and people who have visited the market since July 18 to isolate themselves and inform local health officials.
The market had been partially locked down from Sunday after a seafood vendor was confirmed with Covid-19.
Long Bien in Hoan Kiem District is the fourth wholesale market in Hanoi to be locked down as being linked to Covid cases in the past week, after Phung Khoang, Minh Khai and South.
Hanoi has recorded 1,668 local cases in the fourth Covid wave since late April, with many new clusters detected in the past week.
- Moving Europe’s Largest Private Debt Market Into the Digital Age
- New Scarborough market that’s fit for all seasons
- Vietnam Is a Frontier Market for Good Reason
- Commercial property market in Ireland is vulnerable: Draghi
- Heat Wave Hastens Rise of the ‘Peaker’ in Europe’s Power Market
- C&C to pick up Conviviality’s wholesale division in pre-pack administration
- Conviviality’s alcohol wholesale division to be bought in pre-pack administration by Magners owner
- Market forces drive deconsolidation at German companies
- Law firm Knights aims to raise £50m in largest-ever legal float
- Irish commercial property market vulnerable to fall
- Russia expanding agricultural exports to lead global food market
- China’s Empire of Money Is Reshaping Global Trade
- Tesco Profit Leaps as Fresh-Food Sales Drive Retailer's Growth
- Wall Street’s Big Banks Are Waging an All-Out Technological Arms Race
- Mexican TVs, Pork Poised to Benefit From U.S.-China Trade War
- Surging Libor, Once a Red Flag, Is Now a Cash Machine for Banks
- Buffett to Exit Sheetrock Maker USG in $7 Billion Knauf Takeover
- Bond Traders' Respite From Flattening Curve May Prove Fleeting
- No-Show Spring Puts Farm Spending on Ice in Canada’s Prairies
- Vaping Industry Decries Trump's Tariffs Targeting E-Cigarettes
Hanoi locks down largest wholesale market have 303 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.