The authorities of Bac Tu Liem District said the Minh Khai market will remain closed until further notice and all vendors and their families have been told to keep track of their own health and inform the local health authorities if developing any Covid-19 symptoms.
The market spreads 30,000 square meters with around 1,000 vendors to sell around 250 tons of food each day.
Nam Tu Liem District has shut down Phung Khoang wholesale market and collected samples of 530 vendors for coronavirus testing after a vendor was found positive.
Phung Khoang spreads 13,500 square meters and is operated by 600 vendors.
Also on Sunday, Ba Dinh District locked down part of Long Bien wholesale market after a seafood vendor was confirmed with Covid-19.
Previously on July 27, Hoang Mai District had closed the South wholesale market after an egg vendor tested coronavirus positive.
The capital city of Hanoi currently has 459 markets, 28 trade centers, 123 supermarkets, 1,800 convenience stores, 2,382 food stalls and tens of thousands of grocery stores.
So far in the ongoing wave that broke out in late April, Hanoi has recorded 1,457 local infections, and in the past weeks the authorities have kept detecting new clusters in the community.
- Closing Bell: Sensex ends 300 points higher, Nifty around 10,600; auto gains big
- Renewables heading for 80 per cent of electricity market by 2030, putting pressure on future funding: report
- Sensex scales new peak! Top 13 wealth-creating ideas for 2-3 years
- An evening walk down D-St: Auto shines in a lacklustre market; banks, financials bleed
- What changed for market while you were sleeping? 10 things you must know
- NSEL case: SEBI defers hearing with broker as investor association writes to SEBI
- An evening walk down D-St: Investors lose Rs 1.65 lakh cr in a day as market hits 7-month low
- A trader's journey from designing cars to trading multiple markets
- An Evening Walk Down D-Street: Market continues downward march; Yes Bank, BPCL shine
- What changed for market while you were sleeping: 10 things you should know
- An evening walk down D-St: Market falls for 2nd straight day; banks, financials top drag
- India is a defensive market, our favourite along with Brazil: Jonathan Garner, Morgan Stanley
- SEBI may soon take measures to limit retail participation in F&O market
- EXCLUSIVE: SEBI's new plan to tackle financial fraud is to start auditing companies
- Singaporean healthcare giant wants to acquire $50 million Hanoi-American Hospital
- Trade ministry, Thai wholesaler to bring Vietnamese goods to foreign chains
- Tata Motors PV market share slips to its lowest despite product & network expansion
- Stock markets forecast to remain positive
- Global markets to become more competitive for Jaguar Land Rover: CFO
- Content Marketing Executive
Hanoi closes two more wholesale markets over new Covid cases have 408 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.