Nguyen Duy Minh, general secretary of the Vietnam Logistics Business Association (VLA), said drivers who transport goods through checkpoints and provinces or cities have to show certificates stating their PCR tests returned negative for Covid within 48 hours.
On average, each driver has to be PCR tested for Covid-19 every other day. A PCR test costs VND250,000-800,000 VND ($10.88-34.82), and a quick test some VND135,000.
They also face infection risks when completing test procedures and receiving results at designated facilities that are often crowded.
Do Thi Thuy Huong, member of the executive board of the Vietnam Electronic Industries Association (VEIA), said electronics enterprises, which often employ thousands of workers, have to pay a lot for Covid-19 testing if they wish to implement the stay-at-work mode . Meanwhile, some cities and provinces accept rapid tests for workers of stay-at-work factories, while some others only accept PCR tests.
According to her estimation, each stay-at-work firm has to pay some VND3 million for rapid tests per employee each month. For PCR tests, the costs doubles.
“We have urgently proposed the government to allow enterprises to proactively buy Covid-19 test kits and conduct rapid tests for their employees,” Huong said.
Minh further proposed the government issue a unified regulation on goods transporters showing certificates proving they tested negative for the coronavirus, instead of PCR tests with validity of 48 or 72 hours.
Late last week, the government's Private Economic Research Board also called on Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh to allow enterprises to self-test for Covid-19 to slash costs.
So far in the ongoing wave that broke out in late April, Vietnam has registered more than 185,000 Covid-19 cases, with HCMC accounting for over 112,000.
- Mass testing revolution: EVERY resident of Liverpool will be offered a Covid test as first major step for Operation Moonshot - as PM pledges that blanket checks on whole cities will help beat coronavirus by spring
- Now, book Covid test while booking IndiGo ticket
- Boris's mass COVID testing moonshot 'to cost £100BILLION': PM's plan to get life back to normal with 10 MILLION tests a day is forecast to cost almost as much as entire NHS budget - and experts warn it may not even be possible
- New £5 Covid tests could see crowds returning to footie matches and live gigs within two months
- What is the Boots Covid test and how does it work?
- British Airways warns they won’t survive pandemic without airport Covid-testing instead of ‘crippling’ quarantine
- Covid tests on passengers at Heathrow could start next month, says airport boss
- Operation Moonshot: rapid Covid test missed over 50% of cases in pilot
- Trump’s positive COVID test upends presidential race, thrusts spotlight back on coronavirus
- Police attend Zizzi restaurant in Bristol over alleged Covid test breach
- Boots to launch 12 minute Covid test into stores within weeks – but it’ll cost £120
- Boots to offer 12-minute Covid testing service within weeks
- The events firm celebrating landmark Covid insurance ruling
- Labour demand mass Covid tests in schools as a priority to keep classrooms open
- Coronavirus: Britons offered hope of quarantine-free holidays due to rapid COVID tests
- The Witcher TV Series Shuts Down Production After Positive COVID Test
- Government has spent £333bn on the coronavirus pandemic - more than TWICE the NHS budget: Costs hit £83bn for furlough plus £40bn for 'moonshot' Covid tests as public debt soars above £2TRILLION
- Covid-19 antibodies drop by HALF just three months after infection - and fall faster in younger adults who had no symptoms, study shows
- Grim milestone as UK's Covid death toll tops 50,000 with 595 more victims in highest daily count since May as Boris warns figures are a reminder 'we're not out of the woods yet' - even though cases have DROPPED 9% in a week with 22,950 positive tests
- Who passes the test in the race to beat Covid… and are other countries really doing better than us?
Firms propose DIY Covid tests have 622 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.