They need to have paid tax for 2020 though tax regulations allow them to pay in a cycle of three to five years, and does not require them to do so annually.
The government's own think tank, the Private Economic Development Research Board recently wrote to Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh to point out that the stipulation is “unreasonable.”
The aid, in the form of easy loans, is meant to help enterprises pay salaries to furloughed employees and revive their business.
Many businesses have been hard financially by the pandemic since last year, and so expecting them to pay the tax for 2020 is unfair, and the government should consider removing the criterion, the board said.
“Such criteria are making most enterprises unable to access the aid,” it said.
On July 25 Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs Dao Ngoc Dung reported to the National Assembly that in the first week 62 businesses with over 13,500 employees had obtained loans worth VND50.4 billion.
He said the procedures are fairly flexible, and the time it takes for disbursal has been cut by two-thirds compared to the previous aid package of VND62 trillion.
The board also recommended that the government should allocate more vaccines to the pandemic-stricken southern cities and provinces, the country's industrial hubs, like HCMC, Binh Duong and Dong Nai.
Meanwhile, businesses continue to press the government for permission to buy Covid-19 test kits and do tests by themselves.
They also called on the labor ministry to allow employees to exceed the overtime ceiling rate of 40 hours per month after social distancing is over.
- Government Aid For Refinancing Home Loans
- Remittances and International Aid - How to Make Them Work?
- Free Government Grants - Now You Can Pay For Your College Education
- The Truth About Connecticut College Financial Aid Awards That Colleges Don't Want You To Know
- Why Do Connecticut College Financial Aid Award Letters Include So Many Student And Parent Loans
- Financial Aid For College - Tips For Increasing Your Financial Aid Package
- Free Government Money for College - State Programs
- Basis And Understanding - Government School Loan
- Problems In Managing Government Publications In Academic Libraries In Sierra Leone
- Government Grant Search - Government Grant Search Made Easy
- Small Business - When Government Stacks the Deck Against You
- Increasing Local Government Revenue Through Institutional and Structural Reforms
- Getting the Government to Pay For Long Term Family Caregivers
- Using Student Financial Aid Direct Loans
- Radio Interoperability Needs Governance More Than Technology
- Commercial Mortgage Loans, Conventional Vs Hard Money
- 5 Key Points About AIDS in Swaziland
- Legal-aid deal provides stability for lawyers and clients, says B.C. attorney general
- How Can I Find Free Government Grants?
- Government Homeowner Rescue Program Pays $500-$1,000-Mo Cash to Homeowners Toward Mortgage Payments
Firms find it hard to access $1.1-billion government aid have 441 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.