WASHINGTON — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is aiming to give full approval for the Pfizer COVID vaccine by early September, the New York Times reported on Tuesday, citing people involved in the effort.
The FDA gave emergency use authorization to the Pfizer vaccine late last year.
Full approval by the FDA could push more Americans to get the COVID-19 vaccine as it might reduce their fears about the safety of the shot.
The agency’s unofficial deadline for the approval is the Sept. 6 Labor Day holiday, the Times said.
President Joe Biden said last week he expected the FDA to make the decision by early fall.
The FDA said in a statement on Friday that the agency is moving as rapidly as possible on the Pfizer application.
The spread of the highly contagious coronavirus Delta variant has fueled a new surge in infections, with the CDC reporting rising numbers of cases in nearly 90% of U.S. jurisdictions.
- Bob Woodson on supporting high-achieving families in low-income communities, countering NY Times' 1619 Project
- Coronavirus: German, US companies sign deal to develop vaccine
- False claim: Coronavirus vaccine approved in Israel, set for mass production and distribution
- Coronavirus vaccine: BioNTech in China partners with Fosun
- BioNTech in China alliance with Fosun over potential coronavirus vaccine
- A coronavirus vaccine trial in humans has begun. When could a COVID-19 shot be available?
- Race to develop coronavirus vaccine begins in UK
- Starting today: Trial of Covid-19 vaccine in the US
- It’s Time to Resist the Excesses of #MeToo
- Pfizer, BioNTech to co-develop potential coronavirus vaccine
- Genexine seeks to compress the vaccine timeline
- President Trump: FDA To Fast Track Anti-Viral Treatments For Patients With Coronavirus
- FDA approves pharmaceutical company's new coronavirus test that is TEN TIMES faster than the US government's kit amid growing anger over the Trump administration's failures
- Trump says FDA will fast track anti-viral treatments for patients with coronavirus
- Coronavirus update: India inc joins race to make drugs and vaccine
- Coronavirus vaccine: when will it be ready?
- Fact check: Trump wrongly claims FDA 'approved' drug chloroquine to treat the coronavirus
- Pune Firm Gets Approval For The First Made In India COVID-19 Tests Kit
- Connecticut joins NY, NJ in ordering business closures
- Medical Device Company Set to Manufacture 1 Million Coronavirus Tests a Week After Receiving FDA Approval
FDA aiming to give final approval to Pfizer vaccine by early next month: NY Times have 366 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.