Hanoi (VNA) – Despite complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, export revenues from agricultural products have increased strongly so far this year, greatly contributing to the country's economic growth.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), with export revenues of 28.6 billion USD, up 26.7 percent year on year, and import turnover of 24.7 billion USD, the agriculture sector enjoyed a trade surplus of 3.9 billion USD in the first seven months of 2021.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Phung Duc Tien said that export revenues of major agricultural products hit 12.2 billion USD, a year-on-year rise of 15.1 percent, while earnings from forestry products rose 54 percent to about 10.2 billion USD, seafood up 12 percent to 4.9 billion USD and livestock increased 16 percent to 245 million USD.
Particularly, strong growth was seen in exports of product groups with revenues of over 2 billion USD, including rubber, wooden furniture and aquatic products, he said.
In order to complete the target of about 44 billion USD in exports of farm produce in 2021 in the context of COVID-19 , MARD has coordinated closely with ministries, sectors and localities to roll out comprehensive measures to adjust production plans and crop structure to ensure the highest productivity.
At the same time, the sector will strengthen processing of the products and expand export markets , while working to remove trade and technical barriers for Vietnamese farm produce in foreign markets.
The ministry will foster connectivity among businesses, localities and Vietnamese representative offices abroad to increase exports of agricultural products, especially lychee and longan to the EU, UK, China and Japan, while making risk assessments of cassava residue for exporting to China./.
- New Age Farm Inc. Growing Fundamentals with Revenue-Producing Portfolio in U.S., Canada, and South American Cannabis Markets
- Agricultural report: Low prices, rising costs hurt farms
- Global Publicly Traded Company Announces Strong Financial Earnings Largely Due to Demand For Hemp Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Drought, tariffs, low prices: Times are hard on Colorado farms and ranches — and may get harder
- The Vertical Farming market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25% during the forecast period i.e. 2018-2023
- Military Veterans Find Purpose in Chatfield Farms Agriculture Classes
- Bakemate establishes a strong foothold in the international market
- Larger supplies, competitive prices, record global trade to boost U.S. rice exports in 2018/19
- Late Hail Proves Devastating for Some Small Family Farms
- Pork is billed as 'the other white meat,' but Windom, Minn., farm sees promise in darker, fatter cuts
- Gladstone Land Acquires Farm in Florida for $2.6 Million
- Tariffs on exports to China continue to hobble Maine lobster dealers
- Tilray Alumni Leading Future Farm Into Its Next Operational Phase
- Private Bancorp of America, Inc. Continues Strong Growth
- Captor Capital: A Hidden Gem Growing Quickly in the Attractive Cannabis Sector -- CFN Media
- As smaller SC farms drop out, tobacco a growing cash crop for Breland Hill Farms
- ‘Weird’ is in: Scientist running Replenova Farm seeks out unexpected niche
- Maine’s artisanal cheese scene is growing up
- Food, artists, community and parks at Frogtown Farm
- Photos: 25th annual Clifton Park Farm Fest
Farm produce exports grow strongly despite COVID-19 have 496 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.