|The authorities continue to ensure food and supplies for people in Hanoi. Photo: Le Toan|
COVID-19 infections at Thanh Nga Supply Food Co., Ltd. (Thanh Nga Co), a supplier of the Vinmart and Vinmart+ supermarket systems and a number of traditional markets and wholesale markets in Hanoi, have affected a number of establishments trading in essential goods.
By August 2, 37 Vinmart supermarkets and Vinmart+ convenience stores were have been temporarily closed to carry out epidemic prevention measures due to the infections at Thanh Nga.
However, business activities of other units could continue normally and the supply of food and goods remained stable at traditional markets and are always guaranteed to meet the shopping needs of people at a reasonable price.
There are 7,866 selling points of essential goods and 455 traditional markets to meet the needs of the people living in the capital.
Although the price of some fresh food items has increased slightly in the past few days due to increased transportation costs and rising demand since people can only go to the market 2-3 times a week.
“In general, the supply remains solid at the markets and people can still find enough goods at the stalls,” affirmed the Domestic Markets Department under the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
In addition, to facilitate people in accessing essential goods, the ministry is considering adding more mobile sales points to replace essential sales establishments that have been closed due to the epidemic. At the same time, the ministry is also reviewing plans to supply essential goods to make the necessary adjustment.
By The Hoang
- Top TIER! Petrol heads snub social distancing as £2m supercar fleet causes chaos in central London on night city is shifted into strictest Covid restrictions
- Zayn Malik's family fail to follow social distancing rules in new footage from his sister's wedding... after it was revealed POLICE broke up the 40-guest reception
- Tom Cruise reportedly scolds 'Mission: Impossible 7' crew members for violating social distancing measures
- White House coronavirus testing czar says it will still be 'absolutely imperative' for Americans to wear masks and socially distance after getting vaccinated against COVID-19
- Vaccinated against COVID-19? Still wear a mask, social distance, Azar says
- Liam’s List Dec. 18: Guide To Fitness, Food, Fun, Staying Connected While Social Distancing
- Merry Christmas 2020: Wishes, Quotes, WhatsApp status and Facebook messages to send to your loved ones while social distancing
- Why ARE Kent and East Sussex's Covid outbreaks spiking? Scientists blame lax Tier One rules before lockdown while councillors bash 'wilful disregard' of social distancing
- Thrifty shoppers show off MASSIVE food hauls after hitting the supermarkets on Christmas Eve for £6 turkeys & FREE veg
- Major UK Supermarket Warns of Food Shortages as France Imposes COVID-19 Travel Ban
- Christmas online food delivery chaos as self-isolating shoppers are told orders won't arrive until AFTER December 25 and others receive deliveries with NO turkey
- For Odisha tribals, physical distancing has been a way of life
- Prison food is about more than ramen — in fact, it's much worse, a new Oakland report shows
- Actor Danny Trejo Donates Food to 800 Families of Frontline Workers
- Tyson Foods fires 7 managers at Iowa meat plant over COVID-19 betting allegations
- Here we go again: Panic buyers across U.S. empty shelves of toilet paper, food and disinfectant as 40 states see record daily increases in cases and 20 states report all-time highs in deaths
- Panic buyers storm UK shops emptying supermarket shelves in food shortage fears
- Two workers at factory supplying Marks & Spencer die from coronavirus
- Tesco customers furious as it ‘sells out’ of festive food for delivery and click and collect
- Stabilizing rice bowl key to food security
Enough food and supplies for Hanoian during social distancing have 581 words, post on vir.com.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.