Tokyo (VNA) – The Consulate General of Vietnam in Osaka , Japan on August 3 said it is working with relevant agencies of the host country to clarify information stating that a Vietnamese in Osaka died after being assaulted and pushed into a river by another man.
According to the Consulate General, there was a video recorded by a Vietnamese on social network on August 2 which showed a young man was assaulted and died after being pushed into a river in the Namba area of the Japanese city.
Local police said they will inform the Vietnamese side after investigation.
In addition, the Consulate General sent a diplomatic note asking the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Osaka police to help verify the case and provide information for the implementation of citizen protection measures.
It had also contacted the person who was believed to record and upload the video to the fanpage "Osaka Baito" on Facebook. However, that person denied being the recorder and claimed that he only uploaded the video to attract views.
Initial information revealed that the victim was a student who had completed a Japanese language course at a school under the Ashiya International Academy and was applying for temporary visa to stay in Japan.
However, accurate information on his identity still awaits confirmation by Japanese police./.
- Japan struggles with flood relief efforts as death toll climbs
- Top legislator greets Japan’s Gunma prefecture delegation
- Japan wants to attract more tourists from Việt Nam
- Lorry tragedy in UK highlighted at Vietnamese Government’s regular meeting
- Inside the sick Vietnamese slave trade as desperate migrants work 60-hour weeks in UK nail salons to ‘pay off’ smugglers
- UK police ID all 39 Vietnamese victims found in truck
- The kids aren't alright: Japan struggles to protect its most vulnerable children
- All 39 victims in UK lorry confirmed as Vietnamese
- Vietnam joins international efforts to promote global peace, prosperity
- Official conclusions on UK truck deaths to be announced soon: NA
- Vietnamese Embassy in Germany conducts citizen protection
- Vietnamese trade minister meets with Japanese, Chilean officials
- ASEAN, Japan are close, important partners of each other: official
- Vietnamese Deputy FM works in UK over lorry deaths
- Vietnamese food fest in Bangladesh popular with visitors
- Marine Corps unit involved in mid-air crash in Japan last year that killed six posted SELFIES, read books and groomed their beards on flights, report reveals
- All 39 victims found dead in UK truck were Vietnamese: Police
- Nuclear Power's Uncertain Future in Post-Fukushima Japan
- All UK truck death victims identified
- Death toll due to Typhoon Hagibis in Japan rises to 47
Efforts made to clarify death of Vietnamese citizen in Japan have 454 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.