The meeting was attended by Director of the General Department of Politics General Luong Cuong, Chief of the General Staff Sr. Lt. Gen. Nguyen Tan Cuong, and Deputy Defense Ministers Sr. Lt. Gen. Hoang Xuan Chien, Sr. Lt. Gen. Le Huy Vinh, and Sr. Lt. Gen. Vu Hai San.
Reportedly, the Ministry of National Defense directed units in the whole military to comprehensively implement and accomplish all military-defense missions in July. In particular, military units maintained combat readiness, grasped all situations, ensured absolute safety and security for important events of the Party and State. In response to the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic in Southern localities, the ministry has set up a steering committee led by a deputy defense minister, built field hospitals and treatment zones for COVID-19 patients in Military Hospital 175, and sent troops, vehicles and medical equipment to support the COVID-19 fight.
The ministry also required all units to complete drafting of documents serving combat and finish construction works for military operations while conducting regular training and exercises and observing military disciplines.
In addition, the whole-military units were asked to enhance political and ideological education, disseminate information to raise troops' awareness of the fight against wrongful viewpoints of hostile forces.
Additionally, numerous events were held by military units in celebration of the 74th anniversary of the Wounded Soldiers’ and Martyrs’ Day (July 27th, 1947 – July 27th, 2021)
Speaking at the meeting, General Giang stressed that amid the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the whole military has fulfilled all assigned missions, including combat readiness maintenance, training for the Army Games 2021, military recruitment, and so on. He spoke highly of the whole-military troops' efforts and achievements over the past time, and urged them to continue completing their assigned missions in August with a focus on maintaining combat readiness, fighting the pandemic, implementing search and rescue operations, and enhancing defense relations affairs.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Philippines-US Mutual Defense Treaty review may provoke China — expert
- Vietnam and Japan seek to boost Defense Cooperation
- MOH asks for review of $100,000 fine on doctor who didn't tell patient about side effects of common jab
- Lorenzana contradicts Locsin on US-Philippines treaty review
- Israeli defense chief quits post, citing foiled ambitions in Gaza
- US confident in 'like-minded' allies while Philippines seeks treaty review
- As Beijing lifts PLA budget, Taiwan spends less on defense
- Singapore has been clear and consistent that Malaysia lost its right to review water price in 1987: MFA
- Province to review holiday pay rules after business backlash
- I just drove the $78,000 high-performance Model 3 — here’s why it’s my new favorite Tesla
- After spate of 1-star reviews, SGSecure app suddenly getting awesome 5-star reviews
- After spate of 1-star ratings, SGSecure app suddenly getting awesome 5-star reviews
- MOH requests review of S$100,000 fine on orthopaedic surgeon
- Soulpepper’s Orlando comes to life with Sarah Afful’s lustrous performance
- Three years later, Ontario police watchdog hasn’t begun review of officer suicides
- Philippines, US in talks to 'strengthen' Mutual Defense Treaty
- US defense chief in India for talks on jets, Afghanistan
- Work group set up to review retirement age, CPF contributions of older workers to meet this week
- Battery compartment fire causes Russian submersible incident, nuclear reactor intact: defense chief
- Russian air defenses were caught on video getting beaten badly by Israeli forces in Syria — here are Russia’s excuses
Defense ministry reviews performance in July have 537 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.