|Cat Lai Port is overloaded due to the backlog of containers. Photo: Le Toan|
According to Saigon Newport Corporation, currently, the number of imported containers waiting at Cat Lai Port has increased rapidly because many factories and enterprises have reduced production or stopped working due to pandemic prevention requirements and are unable to receive or release shipments.
Therefore, Cat Lai Port will temporarily stop receiving imported goods from businesses which are stopping production. It will only receive ships to take on export goods; and temporarily suspend receiving cold goods transshipped to containers until the end of August 16.
At the same time, Cat Lai Port also temporarily suspended receiving goods that occupy large yards, such as super-long, super-heavy cargo, project cargo, or oversized, overloaded cargo from August 5.
Shipping lines and shipping agents need to actively persuade customers to adjust destination ports and the place of receiving goods to Tan Cang-Cai Mep International Port, Tan Cang-Cai Mep Thi Vai Port, or Tan Cang Hiep Phuoc Port.
In addition, shipping lines and shipping agents need to submit estimates of imported containers and empty containers on their ships docking in the system of Saigon Newport in the next two weeks so that they can actively arrange the yard.
Depending on the inventory and the situation, Cat Lai Port can adjust the volume of imported goods unloaded to the yard. In case the port reaches its maximum exploitation capacity, it will have to stop receiving ships.
On the other hand, the General Department of Customs has allowed the moving of goods stored at Cat Lai Port to other seaports in Ho Chi Minh City and inland container depots (ICD).
According to the rules of the department, only goods that are not subject to customs procedures at the border gate (as prescribed in Decision No.23/2019/QD-TTg) and those that have not submitted an import declaration can be moved to different ports.
Moreover, the goods must not show signs of violation during inspection by the competent authorities and the entire shipment must belong to a single bill of lading, with the same owner and place of storage.
Regarding the destination, the goods have to be transported to seaports in provinces where the enterprises are located.
Specifically, goods imported by Dong Nai enterprises will be transferred to Tan Cang Long Binh ICD or Tan Cang Nhon Trach ICD. Those for enterprises in Binh Phuoc will be transported to Tan Cang Song Than IDC. Meanwhile, goods belonging to enterprises in the western provinces will be transported to Tan Cang Hiep Phuoc Port.
Shipments will be managed and closely monitored while transported from Cat Lai Port until the importers complete customs procedures to remove the goods.
These measures are effective for 15 days from the date the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City has announced suspending the implementation of Directive 16.
By Truc Van
- Nearly 4,000 plastic waste containers clogged in Vietnam’s ports
- Trade with northeast region to improve with access to key Bangladesh Ports: Shipping Minister
- Hai Phong JSC proposes to build container teminals in Lach Huyen Port
- How to Choose and Buy a Port Decanter
- A Guide to Buying Port As a Gift
- How to Determine Which Switch and Port a Device is Connected To
- Cylinder Head Porting - Basics
- NCLAT gives go ahead to NCLT Mumbai to decide on Adani Ports' bid for Dighi Port
- Malaysia working to clear hundreds of plastic waste shipments at ports: officials
- The Busy Port of Chepstow
- FireWire Ports in Laptops
- Helping Your Portly Pet Lose Weight
- Types of Computer Cables - What You Need For Your Computer That Has FireWire Ports
- English Channel ports could be gridlocked for a YEAR after No Deal with up to 3,000 lorries turned away every day, grim report warns
- Vietnam welcomes Southeast Asia-Japan youth ship
- Blood Glucose Monitoring System Purchase Tips
- Top Holyhead Dublin Ferry Travel Tips For Your Ireland Holiday
- How to Travel With Your Pet
- Linksys VoIP Adapters
- iPod Connection For Your Honda and Acura
Cat Lai Port allows move shipments to other ports have 642 words, post on vir.com.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.