Phnom Penh (VNA) – Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Prak Sokhonn has stressed the importance of ensuring sustainable economic recovery and growth for the region, including through the materialization of the ASEAN Travel Corridor Arrangement Framework and operationalisation of the ASEAN Centre for Public Health Emergency and Emerging Diseases (ACPHEED).
According to a press release by the Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Cambodian official made the statement while attending the 54th ASEAN Foreign Ministers' Meeting and Related Meetings via videoconference on August 2.
He emphasised the significance of ensuring that ASEAN's engagement with external partners is supportive of ASEAN centrality and in line with ASEAN principles, including the ASEAN Outlook on Indo-Pacific (AOIP).
At the meetings, the Cambodia n representative said that while ASEAN is grappling with COVID-19 and its severe impacts, which hit the hardest on people who live in the margin, collective efforts are needed to mitigate their difficulties and keep progress in poverty reduction from sliding back.
He also underscored the necessity to differentiate between the exercise of the fundamental rights and freedoms to promote harmony and human progress, and the manipulation of these sacred principles to instigate hatred, social discord, instability, and interference in the internal affairs of others.
Human rights must be understood and approached in a holistic manner without double standards, with due respect to national sovereignty and the principle of non-interference, he stressed./.
- Spotlight: Rising China-ASEAN economic, trade cooperation vital for long-term peace, shared prosperity in region: Cambodian officials, scholars
- Interview: China's poverty-alleviation campaign "a huge success": Nobel laureate
- Kenya lifts millions from poverty over past decade: World Bank
- China continues largest poverty alleviation campaign in history
- Poverty is sexist: leading women sign up for global equality
- Elsa McAlonan's Beauty Upgrades: How to use a highlighter palette
- My efforts at fighting corruption firmly within limits of the rule of law – Buhari
- Chinese premier calls for consultation, mutual openness to maintain peace, prosperity in East Asia
- For Communities Of Color, Startup Funding Efforts Can Hold Promise And Pitfalls
- New study shows what your community needs to do to survive the impact of automation
- Xi calls for China-Russia ties to maintain sound momentum of development at high level
- HaystackID Introduces eDiscovery Pro Bono Program, Highlights Support of US Army Training with Industry Program
- Crowdfunding platform GoFundMe helps those in need — but there's a forgotten side
- Highlights and audio from Zuckerberg’s emotional Q&A on scandals
- Alliance to End Plastic Waste calls for concerted global effort
- Vietnam highlights ASEAN-India maritime connectivity
- Local Scandal Reinforces Need for Intrepid Journalism
- Disney Plus price, shows, movies, apps and everything else you need to know
- Vietnam marks victory of southwest border defence war
- Prescribed burning debate rages as Australia finds there's no time to burn going into peak fire season
Cambodia highlights need for collective efforts to maintain poverty reduction outcomes in region have 469 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.