Binh Thuan reports first Covid fatality
The Saigon Times
|A medical worker swabs a local woman in La Gi Town, Binh Thuan Province, for Covid-19 testing. A 65-year-old woman residing in Binh Thuan Province's La Gi Town died of Covid-19 on August 2, making her the first Covid-19 death in the south-central province – PHOTO: PLO|
HCMC – A 65-year-old woman residing in Binh Thuan Province's La Gi Town died of Covid-19, making her the first Covid-19 death in the south-central province.
The deceased had underlying medical conditions, said the provincial Department of Health,
Earlier, she was transferred from the La Gi General Hospital to the Binh Thuan Provincial General Hospital for Covid treatment on August 1. Her health condition worsened and she was pronounced dead on August 2.
She was among the 186 Covid deaths between July 28 and August 2 in 10 cities and provinces that the Ministry of Health confirmed this morning, August 3.
According to the province's anti-Covid steering committee, eight coronavirus patients in the province are severely ill and have to rely on oxygen therapy, including six cases being treated in La Gi Town and two others in Duc Linh District.
By this morning, the province had reported 751 infections, with La Gi Town accounting for the most at 625 cases. Specifically, 695 are active cases, while 56 others have fully recovered and were discharged from hospitals.
Eight districts in the province are implementing the stay-at-home mandate under the prime minister's Directive 15, while La Gi Town and Phan Thiet City are following the social distancing order under the prime minister's Directive 16.
The Covid situation in the province remains complicated with new cases on the rise, especially in La Gi Town. Also, Phan Thiet City has yet to detect the source of transmission of the cases, while four infection clusters in Ham Tan District were linked to La Gi Town.
Further, some 350 residents returned home in Binh Thuan from other localities every day, especially a number of workers from the virus-hit Dong Nai Province, posing a high risk of new infections in the upcoming period.
- Coronavirus | Maharashtra reports highest fatality surge
- Four-magnitude earthquake felt off Binh Thuan coast
- COVID fatalities cross 300-mark
- Fear grips people in Anantapur as the district reports 25 fatalities in 3 days
- UK coronavirus death toll rises by 126 to 44,517 but Northern Ireland reports no fatalities for SIXTH day in a row
- Maharashtra's Covid-19 tally crosses 2.5 lakhs; Mumbai reports 1,243 fresh cases
- The Speed Read: Case fatality rate drops to 2.49% and FMCGs gear up for customised lockdown
- COVID-19: 1,328 ‘backlog’ fatalities pushes Maharashtra’s death toll beyond 5,500 mark
- 100 more doctors for COVID-19 containment in Chennai
- Coronavirus | Maharashtra touches new single-day high in COVID-19 cases
- At least TWO British children have died from mysterious Kawasaki-like disease linked to Covid-19, study reveals
- Yet another BJP MLA from Pune district tests COVID-19 positive
- Maharashtra reports highest single-day surge of 7,862 cases
- Special Report: As world approaches 10 million coronavirus cases, doctors see hope in new treatments
- Special Report: As world approaches 10 million coronavirus cases, doctors see hope in new treatments, lessons learned
- Bihar logs 1,266 new Covid-19 patients, state’s recovery rate at a high 73.08%
- Coronavirus | Maharashtra reports another big surge of more than 3,000 cases
- Latin America Fatalities on the Rise as Global COVID-19 Death Toll Nears 400,000
- 709 fresh Covid-19 cases take Bihar’s infection tally past 15,000-mark
- Rouhani: Despite Rise in Iran’s COVID-19 Cases, Economy Must Stay Open
Binh Thuan reports first Covid fatality have 546 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.