- 8,429 new COVID-19 cases recorded on Tuesday
- VN, HCM City receive high level of international support in pandemic fight
- UK Government presents Việt Nam with 415,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- Vaccination progress "too slow", minister urges ramp-up
- Ministry approves clinical trial of new COVID-19 vaccine
BÌNH DƯƠNG — Two new COVID-19 treatment areas were launched in Bình Dương on Tuesday amid complicated developments of the pandemic in the southern province.
The two areas have a total capacity of 8,300 beds. They are both located in Bến Cát Town and were built in only a week, according to the province's Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
One of them is called the Thới Hòa COVID-19 treatment area. It has 5,300 beds, with 2,200 of them equipped with fixed oxygen ventilators.
It is a subsidiary of the Bình Dương COVID-19 treatment hospital No 1.
Besides medical equipment, it is also equipped with modern digital management software and high-speed Wifi, which will help to ensure transparent and effective management and give the best care to patients.
The other is called the Bình Dương field hospital No 3, which is on the campus of the Việt Nam-Germany University, with a capacity of 3,000 beds.
It is a newly-built campus which has not gone into operation, and is now reserved for COVID-19 treatment.
Speaking at the launch ceremony, Mai Hùng Dũng, standing vice chairman of Bình Dương People's Committee, said that the reason the number of new patients in Bình Dương rose drastically in the last few days was because a lot of community infections were identified.
Field hospitals and treatment areas played an important role in fighting the pandemic in the southern province at the moment, he said.
"Of the active cases in Bình Dương, 321 are in critical condition. This requires us to make more efforts and apply stricter measures to control the virus, including putting up new treatment areas to help ease the pain of thousands of patients," he said.
The province stands ready to open more treatment areas in case there are 20,000 new patients. A number of businesses have volunteered to help developing the areas.
In a report on COVID-19 prevention measures issued on Monday, the Bình Dương Standing Party Committee asked residents not to be out of their houses for 24 hours a day without proper reason in accordance with regulations.
Police forces were asked to go out on regular patrol and impose strict fines on violators.
The province's authorities also urged the launch of new field hospitals with a capacity of 1,000-5,000 beds.
As of 6am on Tuesday, with 18,326 COVID-19 infections reported, Bình Dương is the locality with the second highest number of patients in the country, only behind HCM City. — VNS
- Last 19 impoverished areas in Tibet rise out of poverty
- HIV, sexual infections rising among Rohingya in Bangladesh
- Billboard Cover: 24 Hours With Ed Sheeran as He Launches New Label, Talks Third Album and Pops Bottles Courtesy of Beyonce
- Building new style rural areas creates new look to Thanh Hoa’s coastal district
- New hepatitis C infections triple due to opioid epidemic
- Happy New Year! Experts list 20 stocks for 2020 that could generate wealth
- Sydney famous New Year's Eve fireworks display to go ahead amid bushfire threat
- Miss England hopefuls share bare-face selfies as organisers try to tackle the rise in contestants using fillers and Botox by launching a make-up free round
- ‘We do not see eye-to-eye’: Jacinda Ardern lashes out at China and says New Zealand takes foreign interference very ‘seriously’
- 2020 Renault Captur Breaks Cover With Familiar Look, New Tech
- Can tech save the kakapo, New Zealand's 'gorgeous, hilarious' parrot?
- No New Year resolution yet? Quit meat & dairy, take up Veganuary for good
- 'It is an American cancer': New York Governor Andrew Cuomo condemns hatred and spate of anti-Semitic attacks after machete attack during a Hanukkah celebration in rabbi's home
- 'Mass stabbing' targets Hanukkah celebration in New York
- +++ New Year's 2020 around the world — live updates +++
- New Year's 2020 around the world: As it happened
- Kanan Devan: The first tea plantation company to be majority-owned by workforce, employee-stakeholders launch their biggest agitation
- Tick Bites: Symptoms & Treatment
- 'Radiation levels at 40,000 feet were 100 TIMES higher than in central London': EVE SIMMONS flies 10,000 miles and for almost 19 hours on the world's longest plane journey to discover why you feel so dreadful after a long-haul flight
- Kiwi teens dying to get noticed as eating disorder cases rise by 50 per cent
Bình Dương launches two new COVID-19 treatment areas as infections rise have 791 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.