Arcturus Therapeutics Holdings Inc said on Monday its Vietnamese partner received regulatory approval to start a clinical trial of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate in the Southeast Asian country.
The partner Vinbiocare, a unit of Vietnam’s biggest conglomerate Vingroup, has signed a deal for the domestic manufacturing rights to Arcturus’ vaccines, including ARCT-154 that targets variants such as the fast-spreading Delta strain.
After successfully containing the virus for much of the pandemic, Vietnam has been battling a spike in COVID-19 infections caused by the Delta variant.
The country late last month extended movement restrictions in its business hub Ho Chi Minh City and another 18 cities and provinces throughout its south for another two weeks. read more
San Diego, California-based Arcturus said the study would test its mRNA-based candidate ARCT-154 in 21,000 adults in three phases and would be completely funded by Vinbiocare.
Pre-clinical data on the vaccine showed that it elicits neutralizing antibodies against COVID-19 variants, including the Delta strain.
Arcturus said ARCT-154 would be developed alongside its lead investigational COVID-19 vaccine, ARCT-021.
- Organisations to sponsor Covid-19 vaccine and prevention projects
- COVID-19 vaccine may be ready by 2022: SII
- China says COVID-19 vaccine trials to start around late April
- Language teachers bemoan extended school closure in COVID-19-hit Vietnam
- Language teachers bemoan about extended school closure in COVID-19-hit Vietnam
- Coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine days away from animal testing, Queensland researchers believe
- Virus vaccine candidate to start clinical trials in late April
- China Launches a Crush of Clinical Trials Aimed at Covid-19
- WHO: Vietnam manages COVID-19 outbreak well
- Epidemic of rumours breaks out amid COVID-19 crisis
- Chinese COVID-19 patients send thank you letter to doctors in Ho Chi Minh City
- Last patient in Vietnam tests Covid-19 negative
- Vietnam reports no new COVID-19 cases since Feb 13
- Expat businesses hit hard by extended COVID-19 school shutdown
- COVID-19: Preventable, controllable and curable
- Coronavirus outbreak: Preventive vaccine ready for pre-clinical trials
- Chinese doctors 'using plasma therapy' on COVID-19 patients
- Two more COVID-19 patients discharged from Hanoi hospital
- Vietnam develops effective treatment regime for COVID-19 patients
- Ho Chi Minh City’s last COVID-19 patient discharged from hospital
Arcturus to start clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccine in Vietnam have 332 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.