According to the ministry’s report, 8,597 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 4,052 in Ho Chi Minh City, 2,179 in Binh Duong, 569 in Long An, 425 in Dong Nai, 298 in Khanh Hoa, 184 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 102 in Tay Ninh, 100 in Can Tho, 86 in Dong Thap, 82 in Ben Tre, 81 in Hanoi, 53 in Soc Trang, 50 in Vinh Long, 49 in Phu Yen, 41 in Hau Giang, 32 in Binh Thuan, 31 in Tra Vinh, 24 in Kien Giang, 21 in An Giang, 20 in Binh Phuoc, 16 in Binh Dinh, 15 in Dak Lak, 14 in Thua Thien-Hue, 11 in Quang Nam, eight in Thanh Hoa, seven in Hai Duong, seven in Kon Tum, six in Gia Lai, five in Quang Ngai, four in Lam Dong, four in Ha Giang, four in Quang Binh, three each in Quang Tri, Ninh Thuan, Ha Tinh, Nghe An, two in Dak Nong, and one each in Hung Yen, Thai Nguyen, and Bac Lieu 2.007. Among these new infections, 2,007 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Saturday, the city also recorded 4,180 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Sunday evening, 150,474 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 94,295 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 154,306 including 152,044 locally-transmitted cases.
On August 1, a total of 4,423 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 43,157.
Also on Saturday, a further 145 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 1,306.
The country has conducted over 6.20 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 620,611 people having received two doses.
- 'I thought I had a chest infection... but I was told I had an aggressive form of cancer'
- Heart patients contracted mould infections, Scottish Health Secretary reveals
- Confirmation hearings held for Customs, DOC heads
- Ireland 'unlikely' to record warmest Easter Sunday to date despite highs of 22C, with weather to take a turn next week
- Kiernan Shipka, 19, cosies up to Gary Oldman's son Charlie, 20
- Coachella 2019: How to watch Kanye West’s “Sunday Service” and will it air on YouTube LiveStream?
- Girl (17) found dead beside car at gates of Belfast City Hospital, police confirm
- PSNI wall of silence surrounds McGuinness's part in Bloody Sunday, says DUP's Campbell
- Missing Millisle woman Nicola Steele found safe, police confirm
- Irish tourists warned to stay indoors after more than 200 killed in Easter Sunday bombings in Sri Lanka
- Staff told to wear masks after signs of infection at Bridewell custody suite
- Probe after 'hospital infection death'
- Three types of mould caused deadly Edinburgh hospital infection
- Shamima Begum’s baby died on Thursday after Brit ISIS bride’s son was taken to hospital with lung infection
- HPV vaccine cuts cancer-causing infection
- Child cancer clinic accused of infecting over 100 patients with Hepatitis C
- Source of heart surgery infection unknown
- Cook return delayed by groin infection
- Healthy postman struck down by deadly infection as he slept
- 'Extreme dizziness, extreme fatigue': Serena Williams exits Indian Wells due to viral infection
Additional 8,620 more Covid-19 infections confirmed on Sunday have 592 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.