According to the ministry’s report, 4,267 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 2,356 in Ho Chi Minh City, 1,032 in Binh Duong, 194 in Tay Ninh, 164 in Dong Nai, 146 in Long An, 93 in Danang, 77 in Binh Thuan, 60 in Vinh Long, 37 in Can Tho, 28 in Phu Yen, 24 in An Giang, 23 in Binh Dinh, 14 in Dong Thap, four in Bac Lieu, four in Dak Nong, and one each in Lam Dong and Lang Son. Among these new infections, 1,044 cases were found in the communities.
Ho Chi Minh City continued to report the highest number of new infections in the country. On Tuesday, the city also recorded 4,171 new patients, the majority of which are individuals who came into contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients or who were detected in either isolation and locked down areas. Social distancing rules are being further tightened in the city to contain the virus spread.
As of Wednesday morning, 170,563 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 105,095 in the virus hotspot of Ho Chi Minh City. The outbreak has so far spread to 62 cities and provinces nationwide.
There were four imported Covid-19 infections announced.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 174,461 including 172,133 locally-transmitted cases.
On August 3, a total of 3,866 more patients were released from hospital following their full recovery, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 50,831.
Also on Tuesday evening, a further 190 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 2,071.
The country has conducted over 7.29 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with 744,331 people having received two doses.
- How Safe is Granite in My New House?
- Nova Scotia announces Dartmouth dialysis expansion amid concerns over patient displacement
- Apple's New Messy TV Teaser Prompts a Lot of Questions, Most Notably: Why?
- Amazon Abandons HQ2 Campus in New York
- When Morning Sickness Becomes Extremely Severe, it is Known As Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- New York City Golf Tee Times Are Hard To Come By
- FDA Reports That Deaths From Contaminated Heparin May Be More Than Triple Previous Estimates
- Beware of the New iPod Nano
- 25 Ways To Get New Business
- New York City Golf Tee Times Are Found Online
- Review of the Weather Report CD I Sing The Body Electric
- A New Gout Drug, a Major One, Has Won Marketing Approval For the European Union
- New Alzheimer's Drug Shows Promise But Falls Short of Goal
- Food Additives - The Consequences
- British Pound Crashes on Dovish BOE Inflation Report
- Teen Made False Report Of CB West Shooting Threat: Bucks DA
- Credit Crunch the New Incentive For Emigration?
- Turkey holding 50 US nuclear bombs 'hostage' at air base, report says
- ABC Reporter Bob Woodruff's Incredible Recovery From Traumatic Brain Injury
- Medical Terminology - First Step on a New Career Path
Additional 4,271 new Covid-19 patients announced in Wednesday morning report have 493 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.