Hanoi (VNA) – International internet traffic and speed in Vietnam have been back to normal after repairing work on the Asia America Gateway (AAG) undersea cable was completed.
On July 19, a fault on the S1H branch of the cable was reported, which affected about 15 percent of the total connection capacity from Vietnam to Singapore and Hong Kong (China).
The repair was done on July 31, and the cable was laid under sea during July 31 and August 2.
The AAG is one of the five major undersea cables which account for the majority of Internet connection traffic from Vietnam to international destinations.
Connected in November 2009, the AAG runs more than 20,000km, connecting Southeast Asia with the US, passing through Brunei Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, people’s internet usage increased. Therefore, internet service providers (ISPs) often spread traffic on different cable routes to ensure the internet speed is optimal./.
- AAG cable breakdown affects internet traffic
- Internet resumes full speed after repairs on two undersea cables
- Internet connections slows in Việt Nam as int’l undersea cable down
- Internet services disrupted in Pakistan as undersea cable develops fault
- VN’s internet speed picks up after cable repairs
- Vietnam to have high-speed undersea cable
- Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
- Cable damage slows web connection
- Broken fiber-optic cable affecting Vietnam’s Internet faces extended maintenance
- Internet connection expected to return to normal on February 24
- Asia-Pacific Gateway submarine cable problem fixed
- Telecom department announces Viettel mobile internet fastest in Viet Nam
- Damaged submarine cable to blame for slow internet
- Elon Musk's SpaceX reveals Starlink satellite internet network already has 'over 10,000 users' worldwide paying $99 a month for its beta service
- How to fix 'iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes' errors
- How to fix an iPhone or iPad that won't turn on
- Internet slow? Here are 7 possible reasons why and how to fix them
- 4G internet being restored in entire J-K after 18 months
- How to fix 'This device isn't eligible for the requested build' and Error 3194
- Qualcomm's new X65 5G modem downloads data at lightning-fast 10Gbps speeds
AAG undersea cable fixed, restoring internet speed in Vietnam have 341 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.