HÀ NỘI — A further 393 people have died of complications related to COVID-19, bringing Việt Nam's total number of fatalities to 2,720.
The announcement was made Thursday evening by health officials, who also said 7,244 new cases were detected during the day.
The patients died between August 1 and 5 in 16 provinces and cities.
HCM City registered the most deaths (214), followed by Bình Dương (112), and Tiền Giang (27).
The rest were recorded in Long An (27), Đồng Tháp (8), Đồng Nai (8), Bến Tre (4), Vĩnh Long (3), and one each in Sóc Trăng, Khánh Hòa, Bình Thuận, Bà Rịa-Vũng Tày, An Giang, Hà Nội, Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ.
Reports from health officials also said 3,707 people were given the all-clear, bringing the country's total recoveries to 58,040.
Out of the new cases reported on Thursday, five were imported and 7,239 were domestic infections.
A drop of 379 domestic cases was registered compared to Wednesday.
HCM City still recorded the most infections with 3,886, followed by Bình Dương (822), Long An (715), Đồng Nai (358), Tây Ninh (235), Tiền Giang (169), Đồng Tháp (114), and Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (112).
New patients were also detected in Khánh Hòa (96), Đà Nẵng (92), Bình Thuận (75), Hà Nội (69), Vĩnh Long (58), Phú Yên (55), Cần Thơ (52), Bến Tre (36), Bình Định (35), Đắk Lắk (32), Ninh Thuận (32), Gia Lai (24), An Giang (21), Hải Dương (21), Sóc Trăng (20), Kiên Giang (12), Quảng Bình (11), Quảng Ngãi (10), Quảng Nam (9), Trà Vinh (9), Bình Phước (8), Bạc Liêu (7), Đắk Nông (7), Thái Bình (7), Hà Tĩnh (6), Thừa Thiên Huế (6), Lào Cai (5), Bắc Giang (2), Bắc Ninh (2), Lạng Sơn (2), Thanh Hóa (2), Cà Mau (1), Hưng Yên (1), Lâm Đồng (1), Quảng Trị (1), Yên Bái (1).
Out of the total, 1,562 were reported as community transmissions.
Việt Nam's total caseload now stands at 185,057.
As of Thursday evening, 7,553,318 jabs of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered. — VNS
- 34 new Covid-19 cases reported in China, first in Wuhan in more than a month
- Kerala reports 26 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, 3 recover
- No new COVID-19 case reported on May 11 morning
- Coronavirus In Minnesota: 702 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed, 24 More Deaths
- No new Covid-19 case reported from 13 states, UTs in last 24 hours: Harsh Vardhan
- 3,722 new COVID-19 cases reported in India in last 24 hours, tally crosses 78K mark
- Seven new COVID-19 cases reported in Hassan district
- No new Covid-19 case reported from 13 states, UTs in last 24 hrs: Health Minister Harsh Vardhan
- 7 deaths, 99 new COVID-19 cases reported in district
- 624 new COVID-19 cases reported in UAE, 17,417 in total
- 781 new COVID-19 cases reported in UAE, 18,198 in total
- Malaysia extends movement restrictions till June as 67 new COVID-19 cases reported
- 10 new Covid-19 cases reported in Karnataka, state tally reaches 858
- 28 new Covid-19 cases reported in Uttar Pradesh: Report
- No new COVID-19 case reported from 13 states, UTs in last 24 hours: Harsh Vardhan
- 171 new COVID-19 cases reported in Afghanistan
- Tirunelveli reports 16 new COVID-19 cases
- Rajasthan reports 68 new Covid-19 cases, tally goes past 4,000-mark
- Russia Reports 10,000 New COVID-19 Cases
- China Reports Spike in New COVID-19 Cases
7,244 new COVID-19 cases reported on Thursday and 393 deaths have 582 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.