3,943 new Covid-19 cases confirmed
The Saigon Times
|Medical workers at a Covid-19 vaccination site in HCMC. The Ministry of Health has reported 3,943 new Covid-19 cases – PHOTO: NLDO|
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this morning, August 5, reported 3,943 fresh Covid-19 cases, including two imported cases and 3,941 domestic infections, with 1,008 cases being infectious while in the community.
Of the total domestic infections, HCMC took the lead with 2,349 cases, followed by its neighboring provinces of Binh Duong, Tay Ninh, Long An, Tien Giang and Dong Nai with 497, 235, 189, 169 and 110 cases, respectively.
In addition, 92 other cases were detected in Danang, 66 in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, 58 in Vinh Long, 35 in Binh Dinh and 32 in Dong Thap. The remaining cases were recorded in 13 other localities.
Thus, the number of new Covid-19 cases this morning was 326 lower than the figure recorded yesterday morning.
The new cases sent the country's Covid-19 tally since April 27 to 177,855, including 51,558 cases having recovered from the disease.
HCMC alone has had 108, 379 cases, while its neighbor Binh Duong Province has reported 22,053 cases.
At a meeting with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) on August 4, the Ministry of Health noted Vietnam had signed a contract to buy 31 million Pfizer vaccine doses and was completing procedures to buy another 20 million doses. However, 47 million doses will arrive in Vietnam next quarter.
The ministry sought help from USAID to accelerate the vaccine supply to Vietnam.
In related news, the Ministry of Transport has approved the Daklak government's proposal to suspend passenger flights on the HCMC-Buon Ma Thuot route from 0 a.m. on August 5.
On August 1, the Daklak government proposed suspending commercial flights to its airport while Buon Ma Thuot is practicing social distancing under the prime minister's Directive 16.
The Ministry of Transport asked the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam to inform airlines and the relevant agencies of the decision.
The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam will consider the licensing of flights transporting medical workers and equipment.
- DRC: 2 Ebola cases confirmed, 17 deaths suspected in 9th outbreak since 1976
- First death from new outbreak of Ebola confirmed as eleven other cases diagnosed
- Second measles cases confirmed in New Orleans, health officials say
- New details in case of Sudan teen who killed rapist husband
- DRC: Ebola outbreak enters 'new phase' after urban case confirmed
- Whooping cough cases confirmed in Iowa's Cerro Gordo County
- Whooping cough cases confirmed in Iowa's Cerro Gordo, Fayette counties
- Measles Case Confirmed at Southington Elementary School
- Health Dept: 2nd New Orleans measles case unrelated to 1st
- Spigen’s new iPhone X cases prey on your nostalgia for retro Apple gadgets
- New cattle disease case brings total number to 35
- Ebola outbreak: Health risk raised to 'very high' in Democratic Republic of Congo after case confirmed in major city
- New Ebola outbreak hits Africa as 2 cases confirmed in Congo
- Congo Faces Another Ebola Outbreak After 18 Die, 2 Cases Confirmed
- Congo says 3 new Ebola cases confirmed in large city
- World Health Organization (WHO) concerned as one Ebola case confirmed in urban area of Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Sputnik: Eleven New Ebola Cases Confirmed in Congo as Outbreak Spreads
- As number of cases confirmed reach 14, WHO declares Ebola risk 'very high' in Congo
- DRC: Three new Ebola cases confirmed in city of Mbandaka
- DRC says 3 new Ebola cases confirmed in large city
3,943 new Covid-19 cases confirmed have 528 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at August 5, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.