The Vaxzevria vaccine batch was delivered from a manufacturing plant in Spain and is now stored at the National Institute of Hygiene And Epidemiology in Hanoi.
“As we face the surge of cases, we need to accelerate and ramp up our efforts in vaccinating the health workers, the elderly and those with underlying conditions,” said Kidong Park, the WHO Representative for Vietnam, a UNICEF press release stated.
Lesley Miller, the UNICEF Deputy Representative, said: “It is critical that priority groups, including health and social workers and teachers, are vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to ensure that children are able to return safely to school.”
So far, Covax has provided Vietnam over 8.6 million Covid-19 vaccine doses by AstraZeneca and Moderna.
Over three months into Vietnam’s fourth coronavirus wave, the most challenging that the country has encountered, it has recorded 153,621 cases in 62 of its 63 cities and provinces.
Vietnam has vaccinated more than 6.41 million people, including 659,064 who have been fully vacicnated. The country aims to achieve herd immunity by April next year through vaccinating 70 percent of its 96 million population.
- First vaccine doses within WEEKS: Government orders Army and NHS to prepare for roll-out of Pfizer jab from start of December - with care home patients and health workers at front of queue on priority list
- India needs 1.7b Covid vaccine doses for adult population
- Pune’s SII to produce additional 100m COVID-19 vaccine doses
- AstraZeneca says COVID-19 vaccine could arrive by year-end
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Trial Still on Hold in US Amid Reports of 2nd Neurological Disease Case
- Rich Nations Bought Up Over Half of Future COVID-19 Vaccine Doses, Oxfam Charity Reveals
- EU in talks with biotech firm for 225m COVID-19 vaccine doses
- COVID-19 update | India to get 100 million AstraZeneca's vaccine shots by December 2020: Reports
- Covid-19: ‘possible’ Oxford vaccine data will be put before regulators this year
- Bulk of Covid-19 vaccine supply may arrive end of 2021, early 2022
- The husband and wife behind covid vaccine that could change the world: Couple bonded over love of medical research that has given hope in battle against coronavirus
- Results of Oxford University's final-stage Covid-19 vaccine trial will be published by the end of December, AstraZeneca announces
- Coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out at 7-day clinics - but you'll need two jabs
- Australia promises $363-mln backing for Covid vaccine access in Southeast Asia, Pacific
- India may get 100 million doses of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine by Dec 2020
- COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: Here's a status update on leading coronavirus vaccines that are ahead of the pack
- Only a 'small chance' of a Covid-19 vaccine by Xmas: Oxford scientist says its jab unlikely to be rolled out this year as taskforce chief admits only 4million doses are ready - but NHS says it's 'ready to fire starting gun' as soon as one is approved
- GPs could offer Covid vaccine on Christmas and Boxing Day in plan for rapid roll-out to protect NHS workers and the vulnerable over winter
- US regulators block resumption of US trial of Oxford and AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine after rare spinal complication in UK trial participant
- UK could get ten million doses of COVID vaccine BEFORE Christmas after Pfizer jab proves 90% effective in 'major breakthrough' - as FTSE jumps 5% in its best day since MARCH
1.2 mln AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in Vietnam have 518 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.