V.League 1-2021's restart date is likely to be pushed back until February 2022 as the Vietnam Professional Football Company (VPF) rolls out concrete plans for the resumption of top-flight football in the country.
|V.League 1-2021 – Round 12 – Hoang Anh Gia Lai vs Becamex Binh Duong – Pleiku Stadium – May 2, 2021 Hoang Anh Gia Lai’s Nguyen Van Toan in action. (Photo: VPF)|
Specifically, on July 19, the VPF sent a dispatch and voting papers to its shareholders and 27 V.League 1 and First Division (V.League-2) clubs to collect their opinions on the projected plan to continue Vietnam's 2021 national professional football competitions.
Time fund conditions show that the August 23, 2021-February 1, 2022 period coincides with the national team's competition and health quarantine plans for participating in international matches and tournaments.
Given that fact, to ensure the goal of finalising the 2021 season once the pandemic is brought under control, the VPF has designed plans for the continued organisation of this year's domestic professional tournaments, expected to restart on November 20, 2021 with the rescheduled matches of Round 7 of the first phase of the National First Division Tournament, concluding on March 18, 2022 with the final of the Vietnamese National Cup.
With the aforementioned plans, the 2021 season will be extended to 2022, causing many difficulties for clubs and tournament organisers. In addition, some relevant legal regulations will have to be adjusted to suit the tournaments. However, the efforts to finalise the 2021 season will contribute to maintaining the system of professional football tournaments in the country, creating a competitive environment for players to maintain their professional capabilities, helping national teams have the strongest force to participate in international tournaments, and ensuring the benefits of all parties, from sponsors, clubs to the tournament organisers.
The deadline for feedback from clubs and shareholders is 00:00pm on July 23, 2021. On the basis of the opinions collected, the VPF will complete the projected plans and report them to the Vietnam Football Federation for consideration and a final decision.
The VPF's projected plans for the resumption of top-flight football in Vietnam:
2021 National First Division Tournament
– November 20, 2021: Begin with rescheduled matches of Round 7, first phase
– December 16, 2021: Conclusion of the first phase
– December 20, 2021-January 14, 2022: Second phase and conclusion of the tournament
LS V.League 1-2021:
– February 12, 2022: Begin with rescheduled matches of Round 13, first phase
– February 16, 2022-March 12, 2022: Second phase and conclusion of the tournament
2021 Vietnamese National Cup:
– January 17, 2022: Round of 16
– February 8, 2022: Quarterfinals
– March 15-18, 2022: Semifinals and final
Source: Nhan Dan
- Pressure mounts on Boris Johnson to follow EU nations and cancel Premier League and sporting events like the Grand National and London Marathon as coronavirus is declared a pandemic
- Premier League matches will go ahead this weekend despite coronavirus cancelling tonight's Man City v Arsenal game after 'number' of Gunners team met Greek football boss who later tested positive
- Brian Carney questions New York rugby league club's ambitious plans
- Push for the Playoffs: Bruins won’t make it easy for Panthers to rebound
- Can the V.League kick on from Vietnam's success?
- Congress goes to bat for baseball's minor league teams
- New York rugby league club launched alongside Challenge Cup draw announcement
- Coronavirus in sport: ATP Tour suspended for six weeks, multiple football leagues paused
- Jodie Cunningham 'desperate' to play part on field as well as off at 2021 Rugby League World Cup
- NFL CBA: Vote deadline on new collective bargaining agreement pushed back
- Cheltenham Gold Cup and Premier League games look set to go ahead even if COBRA moves to 'delay' response over coronavirus but The Who postpone tour and London Bike Show is cancelled
- CAF postpones AFCON 2021 qualifiers over Coronavirus
- Stimac not happy with number of foreign players in ISL, I-League matches
- SpaceX, Axiom to send three tourists to ISS in 2021
- Will announce CM face ahead of 2022 assembly polls: AAP
- Premier League and EFL suspended for three weeks after coronavirus crisis talks as Arteta and Chelsea ace test positive
- Premier League and EFL suspended for three weeks after coronavirus crisis talks as Arteta and Chelsea star test positive
- Little League World Series gets bigger by 4 teams
- New Zealand to kick-off 2021 World Cup at Eden Park
- China automakers seek government relief after February sales dive 79% on coronavirus
VPF proposes pushing back V.League 1-2021 resumption until February 2022 have 677 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.