Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam National University – Hanoi (VNU) remains the No.1 in Vietnam in the second edition of the 2021 Webometrics Ranking of World Universities announced by the Cybermetrics Lab, a member of the Spanish National Research Lab, on July 27.
The university was named among the 1,000 best universities worldwide, ranking 959th internationally, up 41 places from 2021's first ranking. It was placed 220th in Asia and 17th in Southeast Asia.
The ranking also includes Ton Duc Thang University in the 1,302th position; Duy Tan University, 1,470th; HCM City University of Technology, 1,781th; Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City, 2,165th; Da Nang University, 2,269th; Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 2,434th; Hue University, 2,622th; University of Economics HCM City, 2,822th; and University of Mining and Geology, 2,967th.
Since 2004, the Webometrics Ranking is published twice a year, covering more than 31,000 Higher Education Institutions worldwide.
It is a ranking chart to assess the digitalisation capacity and impact, academic resources of higher education institutions based on indicators of volume of the website content (presence), the extent of website system and online information's impact (impact/visibility), openness on academic resources on Google Scholar (openness), and scientific citation index on Scopus database system (excellence) of a higher education institution.
In June, the VNU also ranked in the 251st-300th group in the Times Higher Education (THE)'s Young University Rankings 2021, which lists the world's best universities that are 50 years old or younger. It has been featured in Group 801-1000 in the World University Rankings by the UK's Quacquarelli Symonds for the fourth time in a row in the ranking's 2022 edition./.
- Over 1,000 Columbia University students on tuition strike, demand reimbursement during COVID-19 pandemic
- The best Xbox One games for 2021
- The 4 best TVs under $1,000 for 2021
- Teachers go on strike in France where classrooms have remained open and staff are demanding higher salaries amid Covid crisis
- Annie Awards: ‘Frozen’ Wins Big Including Best Feature; Miyazaki Gets Best Writing; Spielberg Honored; ‘Futurama’ & ‘Sofia’ Top TV; ‘Get A Horse!’ Best Short
- The best games: 31 games you need to try
- University demands freshers remove 'send drink' and 'f*** Boris' signs from their windows - as lawyers question whether keeping students locked in their flats is legal and culture secretary Oliver Dowden says they SHOULD be allowed home for Christmas
- The best HTC Vive games for 2021
- Everything you need to know about Rishi Sunak's £1,000 one-off Universal Credit payment
- Universal Credit uplift set to be extended while Covid restrictions last and then given to the poorest
- Dogs have been our best friends for at least 23,000 years
- Parents on Universal Credit plead for £20 a week extension to avoid homelessness
- Universal Credit £20 weekly boost 'to be extended while Covid rules are still in place'
- The best iPhone apps (January 2021)
- The best waterproof phones for 2021
- The best iPhone camera accessories for 2021
- Best from science journals: Mysteries of a goat’s gut
- Universal Credit: DWP boss Thérèse Coffey slaps down £1000 one-off gift for claimants
- The best PSU for gaming in 2021
- Best Smart Plugs for Alexa and Google Assistant 2021
VNU remains in Webometrics’ Top 1,000 best universities have 524 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.