All six members of Vietnam joining the 62nd International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2021 brought home medals, including one gold, two silvers and three bronzes, finishing 14th out of 107 participating countries and territories.
All six members of Vietnam joining the 62nd International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2021 bring home medals, including one gold, two silvers and three bronzes (Photo: VNA)
Do Bach Khoa from the Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for the Gifted won the gold medal. He was also among the top 10 contestants with the highest scores of the Olympiad.
The silver medalists are Dinh Vu Tung Lam and Truong Tuan Nghia, both from the Hanoi University of Science's High School for the Gifted under the Vietnam National University (VNU), Hanoi.
The students clinching the bronze medals are Vu Ngoc Binh from the Vinh Phuc High School for the Gifted in the northern province of Vinh Phuc; Phan Huu An from the VNU-Hanoi's High School for the Gifted; and Phan Huynh Tuan Kiet from Ho Chi Minh City's Le Hong Phong High School for the Gifted.
IMO 2021 was held online by Russia from July 14 to 24, with the participation of 619 candidates from 107 countries and territories./.
Vietnam bags four golds, four silvers, one bronze at Int'l Physics and Biology Olympiads
All five Vietnamese students competing at the International Physics Olympiad 2021 (IPhO 2021) pocketed medals, including three golds and two silvers, announced the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
The gold medalists are Nguyen Manh Quan and Tran Quang Vinh from the Hanoi-Amsterdam High School for the Gifted, and Trang Dao Cong Minh from the Hanoi National University’s High School for the Gifted in Natural Sciences.
Nguyen Trong Thuan from the Lam Son High School for the Gifted in central Thanh Hoa province and Bui Thanh Tan from the Phan Boi Chau High School for the Gifted in central Nghe An province won the silver medals.
In the tally, Vietnam ranked seventh after the Republic of Korea, China, Russia, the US, Taiwan (China) and Romania.
IPhO 2021 was organised virtually by Lithuania, seeing the participation of 368 candidates worldwide. Last year, IPhO 2020 scheduled to be held in the country was cancelled due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, the ministry also reported that all four Vietnamese students competing at the International Biology Olympiad 2021 also won prizes, including one gold, two silvers and one bronze medal.
The MoET received official results from the host Portugal on July 23.
The gold medal came to Dang Le Minh Khang from the Ly Tu Trong High School for the Gifted in Can Tho city, while the silver medalists are Ha Manh Duy from the Vinh Phuc High School for the Gifted in Vinh Phuc province and Nguyen Thi Nga from the Hung Vuong High School for the Gifted in Phu Tho province.
Vo Tien Thanh also from the Hung Vuong High School for the Gifted in Phu Tho province brought home the bronze medal./.
- VN win gold, 2 silver at Biology Olympiad
- Việt Nam wins gold at 2018 International Biology Olympiad
- VN students win silver, bronze medals at 2018 WMO
- Vietnamese students win two golds at int’l Olympiad
- Int’l Biology Olympiad ends
- Hanoi students win three gold medals at 16th IJSO
- Hanoi high-school students win eight medals at Int’l Olympiad of Metropolises
- Int’l Chemistry Olympiad: Vietnamese students win two golds
- Indians win 1 gold, 3 silver medals at Biology Olympiad
- VN kids bag gold at Int’l Chemistry Olympiad
- Indonesian students win gold, silver medals at European Physics Olympiad
- Hanoi student bags gold medal at Int'l Math-Science Olympiad
- Hanoi student bags gold medal at Informatics Olympiad
- Vietnam students bag 15 gold medals at IMSO 2019
- A proud, yet humbling experience: Representing Singapore in International Olympiads
- Hanoi takes lead in 2020-21 National Excellent Student Contest
- Maths, Physics no longer mandatory for engineering entry
- Maths, physics not a must for engineering: AICTE
- CBSE sample papers 2021 for Class 12: Books for Science students
- Maths, physics not mandatory in Class 12 for admissions in engineering colleges
VN students win medals at Int’l Mathematical and Physics-Biology Olympiad 2021 have 648 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at July 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.