Lohscheller will lead VinFast Global to expand in Vietnam, the U.S., Canada, France, Germany and the Netherlands, aiming to turn VinFast into a global smart electric car company, according to a statement by the Vietnamese automaker.
Michael Lohscheller, CEO of VinFast Global. Photo courtesy of VinFast.
His participation in VinFast's senior management team reaffirms its parent Vingroup's long-term plan in attracting outstanding talents and acquiring management expertise from elite circles of the global automotive industry, said Thuy Le, Vingroup's vice chairwoman.
Lohscheller said: “I look forward to working with the leadership team to grow the company and establish it as a global smart electric car company.”
He has more than 20 years' experience in the automotive industry, having been the executive vice president of Volkswagen Group America, and later CEO of German automaker Opel Automobile GmbH in the last four years.
VinFast, established in 2017, is the first fully-fledged automaker in Vietnam. The company is set to launch its first three electric cars this year with plans to sell them in Vietnam, North America and Europe.
The company sold 31,500 cars in Vietnam last year.
- Volkswagen names new CEO: Herbert Diess replaces Matthias Mueller
- How the Toyota New Global Architecture Will Impact Mass-Car Building
- Ford appoints Jim Hackett as new company CEO
- Flyers hire Fletcher as new general manager
- Toyota to Help Lead New Global Council to Advance Hydrogen Adoption
- Volkswagen CEO Matthias Müller Resigns
- Ferdinand Piech, former Volkswagen Chairman, passes away at 82
- Meet the new car company bosses
- Former VW CEO Martin Winterkorn Charged With Four Felonies in the US
- Martin Winterkorn Under Investigation in Volkswagen Dieselgate
- 4 Strong Personality Traits That CEOs Share
- Volkswagen Hires New North American Region Boss
- Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank responds to Trump tempest with letter to Baltimore
- Former U.S. Audi Boss Johan de Nysschen Moves to Infiniti, Bugatti Appoints New President
- Former ESPN-Star Sports CEO Sawhney appointed ICC's chief executive
- Trump imposes hiring freeze for federal workers, worrying Maryland
- Pay packages for Baltimore-area CEOs are designed to reflect company performance
- Volkswagen Cuts 2013 Profit Forecast
- Under Armour names new head of footwear
- 2019 Geneva Motor Show A-To-Z New And Concept Car Debuts (Day 1)
VinFast hires former Volkswagen executive as new global CEO have 349 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.