The Military Industry and Telecoms Group (Viettel) topped the list of the 10 most prestigious technology companies in Viet Nam in 2021, according to Vietnam Report JSC.
FPT Group came second in the list, which also includes Mobifone, Vinaphone, CMC Corp, VNG, HANEL, Vietnam Technology & Telecommunication JSC (VNTT) and Hanoi Telecom.
According to Vietnam Report's general director Vu Dang Vinh, COVID-19 has driven businesses toward digital transformations as well as to invest in technology, creating great opportunities for technology companies.
He said that digital transformations may become even more common when customers realise the benefits of the process particularly in reducing costs and increasing productivity.
Vinh cited a survey by Vietnam Report in March 2021, which showed the ICT was among the top seven sectors with the highest growth potential in the next three years.
The Vietnam Report also pointed out major development trends in the ICT industry, including mobile money, 5G network, artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, mobile web applications, fixed broadband internet, anywhere operations, and outsourcing.
Mobile money, if licensed and implemented on a large scale, would create a major impetus for consumers and small and medium–sized enterprises.
Statistics of the Vietnam Digital 2021 report showed that there were more than 154.4 mobile subscribers in Viet Nam, which was regarded as a big opportunity to make mobile money a reality. However, the Vietnam Report noted that it was necessary to enact regulations to prevent overlaps between banks and mobile money services providers.
The development of 5G networks would give a major push to ICT development, which would accelerate the progress and efficiency of digital transformations on a large scale.
Technology companies had significant opportunities for development, and have been given a push by COVID-19 coupled with a high percentage of Internet and technology products and services users.
Challenges local ICT companies face, the Vietnam Report said, are market saturation, limited conditions for research and development, a shortage of quality human resources, and a lack of support policies and regulations.
The Vietnam Report's survey found that technology companies were putting the focus on improving human resource quality, increasing research and development, enhancing management systems, competitiveness and customer care services.
The Ministry of Information and Communications' statistics showed that the ICT industry earned a revenue of US$120 billion in 2020. — VNS
- Viet Nam ranks 2nd in top 10 fastest growing wealth markets from 2010 to 2019
- Bloomberg forecasts VN among ranks of top exporters to U.S.in 2019
- Vietcombank ranks high in Forbes’ Global 2000 annual ranking
- New-look Tour Championship approved for world ranking points
- Vietnam in Asia-Pacific’s top 10 for high-quality published research
- Hoang Thuy listed among top 100 beauties in the world
- Hoi An listed among top 10 cities of the world
- Coronavirus is 'uniquely adapted to infect humans': Top vaccine scientist says it could only have come from an animal through a 'freak of nature' - and the possibility it leaked from Wuhan lab MUST be investigated
- Vietnam leaps in startup ecosystem ranking
- TV’s top show comes from a Stamford-based company
- VN social networking sites shaken by draft amendment
- Homemade tech makes Vietnam top contestant in 5G
- No title given to top scorer in V.League 1 this season
- Quảng Ninh tops public administration reform, satisfaction indexes
- Việt Nam ranks 2nd in top 10 fastest growing wealth markets from 2010 to 2019
- Data must stay in VN: information and communications minister
- Data must stay in VN, says minister
- 120 candidates compete in finale of MOS World Championship-Viettel 2019
- Bangalore & Moscow in world's top 20 cities for startups; explores bilateral synergy
- Coronavirus and sports: Japan's top football league set to return
Viettel tops most prestigious technology ranking in VN have 607 words, post on bizhub.vn at July 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.