Tuan, Vietnam’s biggest hope for a medal at the tournament, had a rough start to his performance on Sunday afternoon, lowering his goal from 128 kg to 126 kg in the snatch and only achieving it in the second attempt. He increased the goal to 130 kg in the third attempt, but failed to lift the bar.
After the snatch category, Tuan stood in the penultimate position among nine weightlifters.
Thach Kim Tuan fails in the clean and jerk category at Tokyo Olympics, July 25, 2021. Photo by AFP.
In the clean and jerk category, Tuan registered 150 kg and failed to achieve it in the first two attempts. He later registered 153 kg for the last one and lifted the barbell above the head, but was unable to hold it there until the buzzer sounded. Three referees did not accept the result.
After failing in three attempts, Tuan could not register a total in the ranking. This had happened to him at the Rio 2016 Olympics Games as well.
Tuan had qualified for Tokyo Olympics after finishing third in the qualifiers after China’s Li Fabin and Indonesia’s Eko Yuli Irwan. Li won the gold medal after lifting a total of 313 kg, Irwan won the silver medal with 302 kg and Igor Son of Kazakhstan the bronze medal with 294 kg.
Vietnam did not celebrate any victory on the second day of the Olympics, with boxer Nguyen Thi Tam, judoka Nguyen Thi Thanh Thuy, rowers Luong Thi Thao and Dinh Thi Hao also eliminated.
- Vietnamese weightlifter hoists silver at Tokyo Paralympics
- India’s medal count at the Tokyo Olympics: More than 2, but not double-digit
- India vs Argentina Tokyo Olympics women’s hockey preview: Rani Rampal’s girls eye golden ticket
- Mirabai Chanu Reminisces The 'Painful' Night before Clinching Silver Medal in Tokyo Olympics
- Tokyo Olympics 2020 Highlights: Ravi Dahiya, Men's Hockey Team And Golfer Aditi Ashok Shine | Olympics News
- Vietnamese swimmers fail to advance to final round of Tokyo 2020 Paralympics
- India Registers Its Best Showing At Paralympics With A Total Of 19 Medals In Tokyo | Olympics News
- Mirabai Chanu Reacts to Weightlifter Sathish Sivalingam's Daughter Mimicking Her Silver Medal Lift
- Amit Shah honours Olympic champion Mirabai Chanu
- Tokyo 2020 Live Updates: Swimming, gymnastics and table tennis among day 4 events
- Vietnamese powerlifter wins silver medal at Tokyo Paralympics
- Amit Shah Felicitates Olympic Silver Medallist Mirabai Chanu | Olympics News
- Manipur erupts in joy over Mirabai’s Olympics glory | Imphal News - Times of India
- Final Olympics medals table: Every Team GB gold as Britain win 65 medals, USA finish top
- Manpreet Singh, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant Throw Javelin With Neeraj Chopra. Watch | Olympics News
- Olympics: Mighty Australia humble India in men's hockey
- Rivard smashes own world record, captures Canada’s first gold at Tokyo Paralympics
- Veteran wheelchair racer Lakatos is Canada’s flag-bearer for Tokyo closing ceremony
- Tokyo Paralympics 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: Paddler Bhavina Patel Makes Historic Final; Rakesh Kumar in Compound Archery Pre-quarters
- Winter Olympic sports season produced pain, farewells, stories to track
Vietnamese weightlifter fails to register total at Tokyo Olympics have 471 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.