Competing in the second group with eight other athletes, Vien was left quite far behind in the first 100 m and finished last as the only swimmer taking more than two minutes to reach the finish line. Overall, she was 26th of 29 swimmers. Only the top eight can advance to the final.
The top three athletes of the group were American Kate Ledecky with a time of 55.28 seconds, Canada’s Penny Oleksiak (55.29 seconds) and Australia’s Madison Wilson (55.87 seconds).
Two minutes and 5.30 seconds is Vien’s worst result in the 200m freestyle race. The best result she achieved in this category is 58.82 seconds in 2016. At the 2019 Asian Swimming Championship, she won the bronze medal in this category after finishing her part in 59.31 seconds.
Vien has another chance in the women’s 800 m freestyle, which will take place on Thursday.
- ‘He’s a dirty swimmer’: Olympic champ still angry at ‘unheard of’ Sun Yang burst that stole his gold
- Sun Yang doping case: Chinese swimmer handed maxium eight-year ban
- Sun Yang doping case: Chinese swimmer handed maximum eight year ban
- Comment: China only has itself to blame as coddled swimmer Sun Yang gets what’s coming to him
- Swimmer Sadhvi Dhuri powers SPPU to top of Khelo India medal tally
- Adam Peaty books place at Rio Olympics with comfortable win in Glasgow
- Olympic champion Sun vows to prove innocence after being handed eight-year ban
- Chad le Clos seeks Sun Yang’s Olympic gold medal for doping case
- Sun Yang: Chinese Olympic swimming champion banned for eight years
- James Guy wins historic freestyle gold as Adam Peaty sets breaststroke record
- London 2012: Michael Jamieson wins 200m breaststroke silver for Britain
- Why Has Chinese Swimmer Sun Yang Been Banned?
- CAS hands Chinese swimmer Sun Yang 8-year ban
- Chinese swimmer Sun Yang confronts rival who refused to shake hands and pose for photos
- Chinese Swimmer Sun Yang Accuses Rival of 'Disrespecting China' after He Refuses to Share Podium with Him
- Olympic champion Sun Yang banned for 8 years in doping case
- Commonwealth Games: Swimmer Fran Halsall has the stomach to add to medal haul
- Rio 2016: Ten of biggest moments of the Olympic Games from outside Australia
- Former Olympic champion Sun Yang handed eight-year ban for anti-doping breach
- Sun Yang: China's top swimmer out of Olympics after doping violation
Vietnamese swimmer out of Olympic 200m freestyle race have 363 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.